Question about dolphin experience

vowsatsea

We are cruising on the Norwegian Joy in June 2023. My daughter is begging to swim with the dolphins! We have a few questions since we haven’t cruised since 2015 and so much has changed! 

The two experiences offered say that the minimum age is 6. We are going to be in Bermuda on June 8th, and she turns 6 on June 13th. Will they make a big deal over the five days? 

Also, there’s two different ones offered and we don’t understand the major price difference. 
One is called Bermuda Dolphin Experience. It’s $299 each adult and shows that children are free. Same description except you’re in the water for 30 mins. The second one is called Dolphin Encounter. It’s $349 each adult and children are $299. Same description except it’s 45 mins in the water. This is a huge jump and it seems like the only difference is 15 minutes. Am I missing something that makes these two so different? 

17 minutes ago, vowsatsea said:

We are cruising on the Norwegian Joy in June 2023. My daughter is begging to swim with the dolphins! We have a few questions since we haven’t cruised since 2015 and so much has changed! 

The two experiences offered say that the minimum age is 6. We are going to be in Bermuda on June 8th, and she turns 6 on June 13th. Will they make a big deal over the five days? 

Also, there’s two different ones offered and we don’t understand the major price difference. 
One is called Bermuda Dolphin Experience. It’s $299 each adult and shows that children are free. Same description except you’re in the water for 30 mins. The second one is called Dolphin Encounter. It’s $349 each adult and children are $299. Same description except it’s 45 mins in the water. This is a huge jump and it seems like the only difference is 15 minutes. Am I missing something that makes these two so different? 

I advise booking it direct with DolphinQuest. The price will be less.They won't check your childs Birth Certificate. The cruise line will know the birth date. Who knows if the cruise line will will care? I doubt nayone here can answer. Dolphin Quest is a short walk from the dock on the grounds of the National Museum. Absolutely no reason to book through the cruise line unless you have large OBC. My opinion is 30 minutes is enough time for aa 6 year old. They also have shorter times available. 

https://dolphinquest.com/bermuda/

Edited by Charles4515

• 2 months later...

i just commented on another blog about dolphin quest. Check it out. I didn't get in the water with them but I was very impressed with my observations of the trainer/caretakers of the dolphins and their interactions. Its a wonderful time. just  know the schedule for the day. it was amazing!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Montanagirlalways said:

i just commented on another blog about dolphin quest. Check it out. I didn't get in the water with them but I was very impressed with my observations of the trainer/caretakers of the dolphins and their interactions. Its a wonderful time. just  know the schedule for the day. it was amazing!!!!!!

I am sure it is a wonderful time for watchers and those who get in the water but for captive wild animals I doubt it. Also many dolphins have died being captured.