Hotel Day Passes

kjacruiser

10 hours ago, kjacruiser said:

Anyone have info for day passes for Maui.   

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but hotel day passes are not really a big thing in Hawaii. There are a few in Honolulu that do but not much else. The resorts in Kaanapali and Wailea in Maui police their facilities fairly closely-- as a non guest you can always make use of the restaurants and bars, but pools and hot tubs will require a wristband. All beaches in Hawaii are public so thats never an issue. 

I believe the Fairmont in Wailea did a while back but it was like $400 a day for a cabana rental for a non guest. The other option would be to just get a room for the day you plan to be there. Marriott has some good options if you wanted to use points for this, particularly the Westin on Kaanapali which is recently renovated and has a great pool and some very good F&B options. 

If you don't opt for a day room or find a day pass option I would say that Kaanapali is much more user friendly for a day guest to use the beach than Wailea. You'll have Whalers Village and there are facilities for changing and showering. 

thanks for the info I did book a room but will look into the Fairmont and the Whalers Village .  thing is wife needs a chair for the beach she had spinal surgery and sitting in the sand isn't a thing she can do any more 

1 hour ago, kjacruiser said:

will look into the Fairmont and the Whalers Village . 

Just to clarify the Fairmont is in Wailea and Whalers Village is in Kaanapali-- not close to each other. You'd have to pick one or the other. 

1 hour ago, kjacruiser said:

thing is wife needs a chair for the beach she had spinal surgery and sitting in the sand isn't a thing she can do any more 

Most of the hotels (and some of the condo buildings on the beach) have little huts called Hales that provide beach service to both guests and non guests. All you have to do is walk up and rent two beach chairs and an umbrella. The main reason for a day room is if you wanted to use the pool facilities of the resort. 

If you just go and rent chairs for the day I would recommend that Kaanapali will have more facilities for day guests than Wailea. Kaanapali is where Whalers Village is located with additional restaurants and shopping. 

1 minute ago, kjacruiser said:

Thanks found a place to rent a clam shell and two loungers on the beach total was $85.00 so Lobster is for lunch the Fairmont wanted $280 

Sounds about right. You might also want to check Kaanapali-- can be a bit more reasonable and accessible than Wailea and frankly I think it's the nicer of the two beaches. 

9 hours ago, kjacruiser said:

Thanks found a place to rent a clam shell and two loungers on the beach total was $85.00 so Lobster is for lunch the Fairmont wanted $280

I'd have bought a tatami mat at Long's Drugs for $3 and had the Surf AND Turf. 😁