No Beverage or Specialty Restaurant options showing up to book/reserve (& Status Match issues)

Tom-n-Cheryl

So, on Tuesday I was able to successfully enter our info into the Status Match form page. I had not heard anything back, but was going in to check my booking this morning and saw that they now have a Voyagers Club # for Cheryl listed, but nothing for me. I checked Cheryl's SPAM folder and, sure enough, a confirmation email from them arrived two days ago.

I'll give it a couple more days for mine, and then follow-up/resubmit.

Tom

• 2 months later...

I'm in the same boat as the rest of you (pardon the pun 😏), cruising on the Seashore in 48 days and it still says "No item found" under Specialty Restaurants. But... unlike the first two reps I spoke with a couple weeks ago who were clueless (each one saying, "Huh. I guess they must be sold out"), two days ago, I finally got someone on the phone to confirm that the packages are available and that I could add them over the phone. But after she quoted the prices, I decided I needed to think about it. Earlier in this thread, wallyj said on his Meraviglia sailing, the 3 night package was $71. Not on the Seashore! I was quoted $85 for a 2 restaurant experience, $110 for 3, and $145 for 4. Oh -- and the Butcher's Cut Captain's Table Experience would be $79!

I've read they often announce special deals onboard. I think I'll take my chances on that.

10 hours ago, Pumpirony said:

I'm in the same boat as the rest of you (pardon the pun 😏), cruising on the Seashore in 48 days and it still says "No item found" under Specialty Restaurants. But... unlike the first two reps I spoke with a couple weeks ago who were clueless (each one saying, "Huh. I guess they must be sold out"), two days ago, I finally got someone on the phone to confirm that the packages are available and that I could add them over the phone. But after she quoted the prices, I decided I needed to think about it. Earlier in this thread, wallyj said on his Meraviglia sailing, the 3 night package was $71. Not on the Seashore! I was quoted $85 for a 2 restaurant experience, $110 for 3, and $145 for 4. Oh -- and the Butcher's Cut Captain's Table Experience would be $79!

I've read they often announce special deals onboard. I think I'll take my chances on that.

Ouch. Those prices are higher than what I expected and other posters have definitely quoted cheaper prices. But still good to hear that they are available if you call up.

On 1/3/2023 at 6:32 AM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

My first 36+ hours within the MSC ecosystem has been a bit challenging - owing to their glitchy website. I have our first cruise with MSC booked on the Seaside for 4/27/23. As of this morning I can (again) get into my booking online via the account I set up on the MSC website. However, I'm still having some issues.

Can someone tell me if the following is normal?

> I can see options for adding spa, internet, and shore excursions - but clicking on Beverages or Specialty Restaurants returns no results. I'd like to see about upgrading my Easy Plus beverage pkg as well as see what dining options I might have.

> When I go to the (Loyalty) Status Match page, I can fill everything out except my City and State. I can't type into that field, and there's not a pull down feature (which works) for State. I can't proceed without having these required fields filled out. I sent an email to MSC about this - fully explaining my situation as well as providing them with the required documentation and screenshots. They replied within a couple of hours (NICE!), but were of zero help (NOT NICE), it was a simple for letter reply... probably not even reading what I sent to them:

Dear   Guest,     

Thank you for contacting MSC Cruises regarding Status Match.

We did not receive a completed application for your status match.
Please note that we only accept requests completed via our website – the form can be found at the  link below.
Please click on the provided link to complete and upload your information.
Please provide a card or online proof showing your full name and loyalty status with the cruise line.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/manage-booking/msc-voyagers-club status-match

Please remember:
•    To enclose proof of eligibility making certain the attachment meets file type and size;
•    To submit one request per person – each  status match request submission should contain its own email address;
•    To clear your internet browser’s cache.

Sincerely,
MSC Voyagers Club Team

Type in zip code then the orange Get It button. That fills in the city and state.

10 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Type in zip code then the orange Get It button. That fills in the city and state.

Yes, thanks - I eventually figured that out (as "non-traditional" as it is)... perhaps it's a European thing!

Tom

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RudiRatlos said:

Don't know wether it's european, but it is not uncommon with websites asking for one's adress. It's just a way to make sure that city and zip code are matching.

They could make it less confusing by replacing the "Get It" with something else ... like LOOKUP or FILL FIELDS... but "Get It"  (I don't get it, lol).

Tom

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/3/2023 at 7:32 AM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

My first 36+ hours within the MSC ecosystem has been a bit challenging - owing to their glitchy website. I have our first cruise with MSC booked on the Seaside for 4/27/23. As of this morning I can (again) get into my booking online via the account I set up on the MSC website. However, I'm still having some issues.

Can someone tell me if the following is normal?

> I can see options for adding spa, internet, and shore excursions - but clicking on Beverages or Specialty Restaurants returns no results. I'd like to see about upgrading my Easy Plus beverage pkg as well as see what dining options I might have.

> When I go to the (Loyalty) Status Match page, I can fill everything out except my City and State. I can't type into that field, and there's not a pull down feature (which works) for State. I can't proceed without having these required fields filled out. I sent an email to MSC about this - fully explaining my situation as well as providing them with the required documentation and screenshots. They replied within a couple of hours (NICE!), but were of zero help (NOT NICE), it was a simple for letter reply... probably not even reading what I sent to them:

Dear   Guest,     

Thank you for contacting MSC Cruises regarding Status Match.

We did not receive a completed application for your status match.
Please note that we only accept requests completed via our website – the form can be found at the  link below.
Please click on the provided link to complete and upload your information.
Please provide a card or online proof showing your full name and loyalty status with the cruise line.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/manage-booking/msc-voyagers-club status-match

Please remember:
•    To enclose proof of eligibility making certain the attachment meets file type and size;
•    To submit one request per person – each  status match request submission should contain its own email address;
•    To clear your internet browser’s cache.

Sincerely,
MSC Voyagers Club Team

Hi Tom.  I'll be cruising on the same ship and date as you.  I had a similar problem to you with the zip code entry on the status match but for me I found a bug in their system. The Get It didn't work when I clicked on it.  I send support a ticket that this was broken and how to repeat the problem. They took that status match page offline for a few days to fix the problem. 

I read somewhere that because our cruise was under 6 days/5 nights we have to purchase the drink packages on the ship.  Well I want to inform you that you can now buy the drink packages on the website and on the app.  They are available to add as are the Speciality dining.  But for the speciality dining, no times are available to book.  So I assume this is the one case where you have to go to the restaurant when you board to book the restaurant you want.  My first thing on the boat is to go book the times I want before I do anything else.

Hope this helps you and see you on the ship.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruiseforfun9 said:

Hi Tom.  I'll be cruising on the same ship and date as you.  I had a similar problem to you with the zip code entry on the status match but for me I found a bug in their system. The Get It didn't work when I clicked on it.  I send support a ticket that this was broken and how to repeat the problem. They took that status match page offline for a few days to fix the problem. 

I read somewhere that because our cruise was under 6 days/5 nights we have to purchase the drink packages on the ship.  Well I want to inform you that you can now buy the drink packages on the website and on the app.  They are available to add as are the Speciality dining.  But for the speciality dining, no times are available to book.  So I assume this is the one case where you have to go to the restaurant when you board to book the restaurant you want.  My first thing on the boat is to go book the times I want before I do anything else.

Hope this helps you and see you on the ship.

Thanks - and perhaps we'll see you onboard!  Are you, by chance, in the YC?

Tom

On 4/7/2023 at 8:08 PM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Thanks - and perhaps we'll see you onboard!  Are you, by chance, in the YC?

Tom

No not YC. This is our first cruise on MSC. We wanted to see if we like the cruiseline first for the basic things that it has before we commiting to YC

2 hours ago, cruiseforfun9 said:

No not YC. This is our first cruise on MSC. We wanted to see if we like the cruiseline first for the basic things that it has before we commiting to YC

We originally were booked in a standard balcony, but Cheryl nudged me to switch to the YC. Most of our sailings on other lines have been in suites. From what I've been reading about MSC in general, I was concerned that if we went the non-YC route, we might not return... !

On the bright side, a fellow CC'er and good friend who we've sailed with many times (how many is it now @DGP1111 ?) is also booked on the 4/27 sailing, and he dipped his toes into the MSC pond just a week/two ago (balcony), and he's looking forward to his return !!  🙂

Tom

• Like 1