Allure, Harmony, or Wonder of the Seas

On 1/5/2023 at 8:02 PM, Jaybarch01 said:

Which airport and port is easiest to get to and from between Canaveral and Miami?

Miami and Ft Lauderdale by far.

Uber from MCO to the port is so dang expensive. It was $140-150 each way last November (2021). We can stay in a hotel for that much a night.

On 1/5/2023 at 8:02 PM, Jaybarch01 said:

Im planning on booking my first Oasis class ship at the end of March.

kind of late in the game... RCI's prices seem to increase more when it gets closer to the sailing time, especially during spring break. And the availability of the cabins dwindles.

As for flights, check Spirit. We fly with them to port about 80% of the time. Within 90 days of the travel dates the ticket prices start to fall and I usually get them for a much more reasonable price. Like, right now Delta - $800+ RT from Atlanta to FLL, while it's $350 on Spirit. But I am going to wait a bit longer.

3 hours ago, SWACruising said:

Southwest does fly to Miami, just many less flight options out of there compared to FLL

That's a change since I worked/retired from FLL and Port Everglades, admittedly sever years ago.  And according to WPLG, Channel 10 in Miami, it was in response to COVID and I bet MIA made some concessions, but I don't know that.  I retired long before that.

34 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

That's a change since I worked/retired from FLL and Port Everglades, admittedly sever years ago.  And according to WPLG, Channel 10 in Miami, it was in response to COVID and I bet MIA made some concessions, but I don't know that.  I retired long before that.

I think you're spot on. Service started in 2020 when cost were certainly more negotiable.

On 1/10/2023 at 5:25 PM, JCDCA said:

If price wasn't a consideration, I'd easily choose Wonder.  Allure hasn't been amped.  And Wonder is the newest Oasis class ship and even has a number of new venues and restaurants not found on Harmony.  Wonder is fantastic.

yes it was especially the solarium. The Aqua show is fantastic too. Nice country music in Mason Jar too.