Any HAL Loyalists Tried Celebrity Beyond?

Wakepatrol

Hi - I ‘ve recently looked into the Celebrity Beyond and the ship is jaw dropping. I would love to hear from any HAL enthusiasts who have been on this ship and what they thought of it and how it compares to HAL?

Thanks in advance 

I was there in November 2022 for seven days in the Caribbean. 
Absolutely stunning ship. 

Food and service was ok but believe it was due to ship being almost full and ongoing training of staff. Entertainment in showroom far superior to HAL. All speciality restaurants as good as HAL and some better. Balcony cabins equal to HAL but do not like infinity cabins on Beyond. No outside balcony except if you get a suite. Infinity balcony basically a room with a movable window. Lots more daily activities on board. Very easy embarkation and disembarkation. We were on Apex a year ago and food and service was best ever but ship was only 60% capacity.

• Like 1

My son and I did the maiden voyage back in April - Southampton to Barcelona.  We were in a suite so we were able to eat in Luminae which was excellent.  Apart from Luminae we ate in several other restaurants on the ship and all were very good.   The ship is gorgeous.  Entertainment was phenomenal.   Enjoyed martini bar and the world bar on several occasions.  Looking to book the transatlantic for this October.  Much better food and cruise experience than HAL is  offering imo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wakepatrol said:

Only two people?

We did not help?

Bottom line, we will never sail on the Beyond again. Do not like the infinity balcony concept.

Forgot to mention that MDR experience is different.

Four dining rooms, French, Greek, Italian and US. All are basically same size and you dine where you wish, no fixed dining. You can book reservations before you board. Large selections, left side of menu has speciality menu based on country and right side of menu is same for all MDRs and different every night. Also never an issue getting lounge chairs around a pool. There is main pool, solarium pool and on top outside deck see thru pool on side of ship. Bet they clean that pool daily 😀

Edited by RedneckBob

Just did the Beyond in Nov... sailed only to experience the Edge class ship.  We are elite on Celebrity, so we thought we'd be familiar with the product.  Nope. This was entirely different.  Yes, lots of very cool features and amazing entertainment (Las Vegas caliber).  We liked our infinite balcony, the cabin was well designed and comfortable. The pool is huge, the solarium really nice.  Eden was just ok... overhyped in my opinion. Ship decor is over the top, and some is just stupid (a dark mirrored hallway?) Did not care for the martini bar placement, but the grand plaza area was nice.  The buffet was excellent, the dining rooms not so much. Could not get ressies at a decent time for any specialty restaurant.  The ship seemed quite understaffed.

Overall, we were glad that we tried the Beyond, but it was a one-off for us.  Too big, too loud, and mediocre service. We will stick with HAL and Celebrity R and S class.