Medoc wine tour

Bissetbevo

• 1 month later...

Your cruise line will likely offer one, though likely more expensive than any other option!   And if, like us, you stop in Le Verdon for a few hours due to tides, your cruise line may offer an extension from there, with participants dropped at the ship in Bordeaux at the end. 

Edited by IWantToLiveOverTheSea

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/16/2023 at 11:08 AM, laurieb said:

Thanks for this link. I have contacted him and have received a prompt and thorough reply to my questions. I am considering the St. Emilion tour, but hoping to hear a little more about your experience with this company, please, before booking it if you have a moment?  

We did two tours with him in 2018.  He selected very good wineries; be aware that you’ll be doing a tour at each one you go to. He took us to a wonderful local bistro for lunch, and also to a fantastic wine shop on way back to the ship, as we wanted to pick up some bottles to enjoy on the ship.  We’ve booked with him again for two days in 2024 when we’ll be there on Azamara again.  
Here’s our tour schedule from 2018:

Thursday September 13th
St-Emilion/Pomerol region (280 Euros)

01:00 PM: Departure from your Azamara cruise ship ports in Bordeaux (I'll welcome you with a « Bordeaux Wine Travel » sign)
02:30 PM: Visit of château Canon La Gaffeliere in the St-Emilion Grand Cru's vineyard (12 Euros/pers)
04:00 PM: Visit of château La Croizille in the St-Emilion Grand Cru's vineyard (10 Euros/pers)
05:15 PM: Free walking time in St-Emilion medieval town
07:00 PM: Drop off at your Azamara cruise ship ports in Bordeaux 

Friday September 14th
Medoc region

09:30 AM: Departure from your Azamara cruise ship ports in Bordeaux
10:00 AM: Visit of château d'Issan in the Margaux's vineyard (10 Euros/pers)
12:00 Noon: Lunch at Le Bontemps restaurant in Cussac Fort Medoc town (Typical French dish)
02:00 PM: Visit of château Branaire Ducru in the St-Julien's vineyard (15 Euros/pers)
03:30 PM: Visit of château Pichon Baron in the Pauillac's vineyard (12 Euros/pers)
06:00 PM: Drop off at your Azamara cruise ship ports in Bordeaux
Edited by laurieb

Does anyone have a tour company they liked for a tour to the Medoc area from Bordeaux?

And do also check out the office City of Bordeaux Tourist Info website as there are a number of tour options listed on it. 

Top right to select your preferred lnguage,and along the top of the home page for vineyard and wine tours.

9 hours ago, laurieb said:

We did two tours with him in 2018.  He selected very good wineries; be aware that you’ll be doing a tour at each one you go to. He took us to a wonderful local bistro for lunch, and also to a fantastic wine shop on way back to the ship, as we wanted to pick up some bottles to enjoy on the ship.  We’ve booked with him again for two days in 2024 when we’ll be there on Azamara again.  
Here’s our tour schedule from 2018:

Thursday September 13th
St-Emilion/Pomerol region (280 Euros)

01:00 PM: Departure from your Azamara cruise ship ports in Bordeaux (I'll welcome you with a « Bordeaux Wine Travel » sign)
02:30 PM: Visit of château Canon La Gaffeliere in the St-Emilion Grand Cru's vineyard (12 Euros/pers)
04:00 PM: Visit of château La Croizille in the St-Emilion Grand Cru's vineyard (10 Euros/pers)
05:15 PM: Free walking time in St-Emilion medieval town
07:00 PM: Drop off at your Azamara cruise ship ports in Bordeaux 

Friday September 14th
Medoc region

09:30 AM: Departure from your Azamara cruise ship ports in Bordeaux
10:00 AM: Visit of château d'Issan in the Margaux's vineyard (10 Euros/pers)
12:00 Noon: Lunch at Le Bontemps restaurant in Cussac Fort Medoc town (Typical French dish)
02:00 PM: Visit of château Branaire Ducru in the St-Julien's vineyard (15 Euros/pers)
03:30 PM: Visit of château Pichon Baron in the Pauillac's vineyard (12 Euros/pers)
06:00 PM: Drop off at your Azamara cruise ship ports in Bordeaux

Thank you so much! You are most kind to have taken the time to provide me with your schedule. Now that I've heard from you I plan to book with him ASAP.  

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
12 hours ago, BenLynn said:

Will be on a Azamara cruise docking in Bordeaux on September 6,2024 and looking for a private wine tour guide. My email is bgoldman@littler.com. Thank you.

Ben

I can highly recommend Henri Challeau of Bordeaux wine tours recommended in post #5 by Laurie B. We took his tour this past September prior to embarking an Azamara Spain Intensive cruise. He is a sommelier, very engaging, very responsive, and worked with me to format an itinerary that suited us, including three choices of restaurants for lunch. The link is in the post, but here it is again.http://www.bordeaux-wine-travel.com/

• Thanks 1