? About bringing Wine -? Cups

Momperson3

We bring insulated coffee mugs with lids to keep our coffee hot and be able to walk to outdoor seating without it getting cold or spilling.   Will be bringing an insulated wine goblet with lid as well now.   

4 hours ago, zitsky said:

In summer I might chill my red wine for 10 minutes.  My wine fridge is not very cold.

Ours is set to 55 degrees.  I use it to store white wine.  Reds are in a closet in the basement. 

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

My travel bag always includes two Corksicle/Yeti style cups, a corkscrew & a rubber wine stopper. Makes it easier to walk around & not spill on myself (or others)

I take a cork screw.  It has been a while since I have taken wine aboard but may take some stoppers for the bottles I receive in the stateroom. 

4 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Ours is set to 55 degrees.  I use it to store white wine.  Reds are in a closet in the basement. 

I take a cork screw.  It has been a while since I have taken wine aboard but may take some stoppers for the bottles I receive in the stateroom. 

I don’t like warm red so those go in the wine fridge.  The extra white goes in the guest room.  It’s cooler there.

Just now, zitsky said:

I don’t like warm red so those go in the wine fridge.  The extra white goes in the guest room.  It’s cooler there.

When we first purchased our wine cooler, I had the bottom set for 54 degrees and stored whites there.  The top half was set to 57 degrees and I stored my reds there.  My standard procedure was to take a bottle of red out and open it about half and hour to an hour before it was to be served.  I do not have a decanter so it came straight from the bottle.  

Lightly chilled red is okay but I prefer room (68 - 72 degrees) temperatures but not cold.  

1 minute ago, DaKahuna said:

When we first purchased our wine cooler, I had the bottom set for 54 degrees and stored whites there.  The top half was set to 57 degrees and I stored my reds there.  My standard procedure was to take a bottle of red out and open it about half and hour to an hour before it was to be served.  I do not have a decanter so it came straight from the bottle.  

Lightly chilled red is okay but I prefer room (68 - 72 degrees) temperatures but not cold.  

Is the decanter for sharing when you want to drink from the bottle and there are two of you?  🙂

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Is the decanter for sharing when you want to drink from the bottle and there are two of you?  🙂

Yes, otherwise I would not need to decant the bottle.

2 minutes ago, Dave Simpson said:

Are you allow two wine bottles per cabin or two per guest. I thought our recent cruise was 2 per cabin. 

Recently changed to two per person on Celebrity.  He sister line is still two per stateroom.