Parking questions for Cape Liberty in Bayonne

Sun Lover

3 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

If you choose to park at the port for the convenience, the charge is $25 per day, so $175 for a one week cruise.

We looked into parking at a hotel, but they were more expensive than parking at the port.  Not sure why, but it was $30/day instead of $25.  Add to that the shuttle as you leave- the math didn't work for us.  So we've parked twice at the port- no problem.

• Like 1

We cruised from from Cape Liberty in Oct . You were only allowed to use garage if you had a handicap tag hanging from rearview mirror.   that was the second time we encountered  that.. also in July 2022 had to use open parking lot ..  

Last June 2022 we sailed on Adventure Of The Seas five day sailing to Bermuda. When we arrived at Cape Liberty at approximately 11:00AM there was a sign displayed at the garage stating that only handicapped vehicles were allowed in the garage. We parked approximately a half mile away in the fenced in area outside if the abandoned warehouses. Employees at the lot advised me that since three different ships were currently cruising from Cape Liberty even though the garage wasn't completely full they were enforcing the handicapped vehicle restrictions. When we finally got on the ship I noticed that there were plenty of empty parking spaces on the top floor of the garage 

On 1/15/2023 at 6:52 PM, Corby114 said:

Last June 2022 we sailed on Adventure Of The Seas five day sailing to Bermuda. When we arrived at Cape Liberty at approximately 11:00AM there was a sign displayed at the garage stating that only handicapped vehicles were allowed in the garage. We parked approximately a half mile away in the fenced in area outside if the abandoned warehouses. Employees at the lot advised me that since three different ships were currently cruising from Cape Liberty even though the garage wasn't completely full they were enforcing the handicapped vehicle restrictions. When we finally got on the ship I noticed that there were plenty of empty parking spaces on the top floor of the garage 

Can I ask....did the lot near abandoned warehouses seem safe to leave your car?  Were you worried about it at all?  I just got a new car that I had to order and wait months for...I'm still sort of "babying" her lol.   Also, was there transportation or did you walk the half mile?  We're going in May so hopefully nice weather

Edited by sandym718

The parking area near the warehouses was fenced in and secure. After the lot was full employees would secure the gates. The overflow lots were less than a half mile away from the terminal and a short ten minute walk. There's also a fenced in lot just south of the parking garage. That lot was completely full when we arrived at the terminal for our cruise.

• Like 1