Parking questions for Cape Liberty in Bayonne

Sun Lover

We have an upcoming cruise on Anthem which leaves from Cape Liberty in New Jersey.  We have never sailed out of there before so I'm wondering where we would park the car while we're on the cruise and what the cost would be.  We will be driving there the day before the cruise and staying overnight somewhere, although I have no idea where to stay.  Are there any hotels near the port that would have a shuttle to the port and let us leave our car at the hotel while we're on the ship?  Would we be better off renting a car from home instead of driving our car so we wouldn't have the expense of parking?  I checked into rental car rates and it would be about $350 each way, which seems like a lot.  Advice would be appreciated.  Thanks.

1 minute ago, Sun Lover said:

We have an upcoming cruise on Anthem which leaves from Cape Liberty in New Jersey.  We have never sailed out of there before so I'm wondering where we would park the car while we're on the cruise and what the cost would be.  We will be driving there the day before the cruise and staying overnight somewhere, although I have no idea where to stay.  Are there any hotels near the port that would have a shuttle to the port and let us leave our car at the hotel while we're on the ship?  Would we be better off renting a car from home instead of driving our car so we wouldn't have the expense of parking?  I checked into rental car rates and it would be about $350 each way, which seems like a lot.  Advice would be appreciated.  Thanks.

We cruised out of Cape Liberty pre-COVID.  I believe it was a Holiday Inn in Woodbridge, NJ.  The hotel was good, clean, and the staff was pleasant.  However, I didn't care for the area.  But, I'm an old country boy.  So, It's an option.  

The last I heard was that the Garage attached to the terminal is only open for disabled.  That may have changed.  A call or email to the port authority may give you the real information.

http://www.cruiseliberty.com/directions_parking.html 

25 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

We cruised out of Cape Liberty pre-COVID.  I believe it was a Holiday Inn in Woodbridge, NJ.  The hotel was good, clean, and the staff was pleasant.  However, I didn't care for the area.  But, I'm an old country boy.  So, It's an option.  

The last I heard was that the Garage attached to the terminal is only open for disabled.  That may have changed.  A call or email to the port authority may give you the real information.

There is a garage and a parking lot, if there are multiple sailings in a week sometimes the garage is full and folks need to park in the lot instead. There is room for all.

35 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

The lower level of the parking garage is available for disabled.  It’s a short distance to the terminal. 

• Like 1

$25 a day.

Pull up in front of the terminal.

There will be people there to take your checked luggage from your car.

Drive a few hundred feet to a secure parking area (mostly roofed).

Walk back those few hundred feet and enter the terminal.

Returning from your cruise you will be in your car on the way home within minutes of leaving the terminal.

This is secure and protected.

parking_garage.jpg

Edited by boscobeans
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, nelblu said:

The lower level of the parking garage is available for disabled.  It’s a short distance to the terminal. 

That may be true today, that's why I gave the site address to check for sure, from the horse's mouth.  

It wasn't long ago that it was for Disabled, ONLY.

Skip to about 8:53 minutes in.  And there are other videos that verify it.

• Like 1

Just now, Ret MP said:

That may be true today, that's why I gave the site address to check for sure, from the horse's mouth.  

It wasn't long ago that it was for Disabled, ONLY.

Skip to about 8:53 minutes in.  And there are other videos that verify it.

8 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

We have parked there at least once if not twice a year from way back before the new parking building was done. 

The parking building has NEVER been just for disabled. One area as you first enter the building is designated for disabled.

This is as witnessed on our last cruise a few weeks ago and we will be parking there again as of this coming Friday.

If there are several ships in then that is a different story, however the lot has always had room in all the years we were there. 

Edited by boscobeans
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

We have parked there at least once if not twice a year from way back before the new parking building was done. 

The parking building has NEVER been just for disabled. One area as you first enter the building is designated for disabled.

This is as witnessed on our last cruise a few weeks ago and we will be parking there again as of this coming Friday.

If there are several ships in then that is a different story, however the lot has always had room in all the years we were there. 

19 minutes ago, billslowsky said:

Agree.  The garage has NEVER had that restriction.  

I guess I won't believe my lying eyes and the many videos Youtube and many comments in here about it month ago.  

Now let me be clear.  I didn't say it was permanently restricted or closed and only available for disabled parking.  I said, "The last I heard was that the Garage attached to the terminal is only open for disabled".  Now, does that mean that it was temporarily closed except for disabled?  I don't know.  I know what I said is true though.  And that was my intent, BTW.  

Seems like in here, No good deed goes unpunished, especially by some.  For those that I'm trying to help with providing some fruit for thought and a path to the horses mouth, please excuse me.  NOT!

56 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

That video does NOT say that the garage is restricted to disabled only.  The speaker in the youtube video says specifically that the garage was full from an Oasis cruise earlier in the week - but that disabled people arriving for the Adventure cruise a few days later would be accommodated in the garage.

That's nowhere near the same thing.

Edited by billslowsky

Just now, billslowsky said:

That video does NOT say that the garage is restricted to disabled only.  The speaker in the youtube video says specifically that the garage was full from an Oasis cruise earlier in the week - but that disabled people arriving for the Adventure cruise a few days later would be allowed to park in the garage.

That's nowhere near the same thing.

Now read post #15.

2 hours ago, Sun Lover said:

We have an upcoming cruise on Anthem which leaves from Cape Liberty in New Jersey. Advice would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Check if Yankee Trails has resumed bus service from Albany to Cape Liberty in Bayonne, you would leave your vehicle at their Albany parking facility.

Trinity Reservations has packages that include hotels stay, parking while on cruise and transportation between the hotel and Cape Liberty.

If your cruise is before Cape Liberty hosts 3 ships in May, you will park in the garage. Last year, preference was given to handicap vehicles when 3 ships were sailing but the garage has never been restricted to only handicap vehicles.

• Like 1

NEVER SAY NEVER.?

In my case the garage was NEVER restricted to disabled only.

Probably 20 cruises or more we have enjoyed the convenience of the garage/

Yes there must have been a time or so that that was necessary due to the number of ships BUT that is not the norm.

• Like 2

I cruised Oasis in October and the lower level was mostly assigned to the Disabled.  There was also a poster some months ago that mentioned multiple ships and only disabled Paxs were allowed to park int he indoor garage and all others in the open lot garage.

3 minutes ago, meadowlander said:

Check if Yankee Trails has resumed bus service from Albany to Cape Liberty in Bayonne, you would leave your vehicle at their Albany parking facility.

Friends and relatives have used this several times in the past and LOVED IT.

Cruise Express Shuttle - Yankee Trails - Albany, NY

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I cruised Oasis in October and the lower level was mostly assigned to the Disabled.  There was also a poster some months ago that mentioned multiple ships and only disabled Paxs were allowed to park int he indoor garage and all others in the open lot garage.

They were referring to a video where the garage was full from a prior cruise and the garage accommodated additional disabled parkers.  Those people want you to believe that the garage was completely full with ONLY disabled parkers.  An implausible conclusion.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nelblu said:

There was also a poster some months ago that mentioned multiple ships and only disabled Paxs were allowed to park int he indoor garage and all others in the open lot garage.

Yes, thank you!

6 minutes ago, billslowsky said:

They were referring to a video where the garage was full from a prior cruise and the garage accommodated additional disabled parkers.  Those people want you to believe that the garage was completely full with ONLY disabled parkers.  An implausible conclusion.  

When a garage is closed and they are only allowing disabled in, it means the garage is closed and they are only allowing disabled in.  

I don't know, for sure, if the garage was "completely" full with ONLY disabled parkers.  Neither do you.  BTW, "implausible" doesn't mean impossible.