Mount Pilatus

PNFL

We will be on the Uniworld Castles Along the Rhine in June and we are doing the pre-extension through Uniworld and staying in Lucerne for a few days.  I want to go to Mount Pilatus the day we arrive but do not want to order tickets ahead of time since our flight schedule could change.  Also we are flying into Zurich so not sure what the travel time is from Zurich to Lucerne.   Would I be able to get tickets the day of arrival or do I need to get them ahead of time?

One question I can answer:  there are trains between Zurich Flughaven (the train station beneath the Zurich air terminal) and Lucerne about every hour, and the trip takes an hour.  You can go on the SBB website and look at the train schedule.

Edited by sharkster77

You should be able to get tickets to Mount Pilatus the morning of your tour.  We went in the morning, so not sure how early you will be arriving.  The ticket office and embarkation is across the street from the train station.  It is a beautiful trip.

12 hours ago, PNFL said:

We will be on the Uniworld Castles Along the Rhine in June and we are doing the pre-extension through Uniworld and staying in Lucerne for a few days.  I want to go to Mount Pilatus the day we arrive but do not want to order tickets ahead of time since our flight schedule could change.  Also we are flying into Zurich so not sure what the travel time is from Zurich to Lucerne.   Would I be able to get tickets the day of arrival or do I need to get them ahead of time?

You don't say where you are flying from, but if you are coming from North America, you might have jet lag to contend with also. Are you really prepared to do a fairly full day touring after an overnight flight?

On 1/11/2023 at 10:01 PM, gnome12 said:

You don't say where you are flying from, but if you are coming from North America, you might have jet lag to contend with also. Are you really prepared to do a fairly full day touring after an overnight flight?

We are leaving from Tampa.  We are doing the pre-extension through Uniworld so according to their site they have some tours scheduled during the days.  The only day that looks free is when we arrive.  You are right we probably will be jet lagged but from what I heard and read I do not want to miss MT Pilatus.  We will just have to see what time we arrive and how tired we are.