Missed a port due to weather and question about travel insurance claim

judygarland2009

Hi. Just wondering if there is anywhere you can look up a past cruise journeys online to get the history of the journey. I was recently on the Ventura which didn't dock in Bruges due to weather (strange as the sea was calm and we had bright sunny weather). I posted on a Facebook forum and have been told that insurance companies will want proof and it cannot be a letter that is not addressed to the traveller. I'm wondering if the insurance can look it up online somewhere? If they can, I can point them in the direction of it if they don't like my generic letter

Hello,

Don't believe the FC posting.

But firstly you need to have specific 'missed ports of call' or 'changed itinerary' insurance - it is not standard even with so-called 'cruise insurance'.

I have had quite a few 'missed port of call' events and have successfully used a generic letter from the captain to all passengers saying what didn't happen, when and why. If not volunteered by the ship, it should be sought from Guest Relations as soon as possible. (P&O are pretty useless at that.) I submitted that with the original booking showing the full original itinerary. What you can do after the fact is more difficult and I'm afraid have no experience but a letter to the cruise line would be a start.

Regards,

Cublet