Cruise ending in Bangkok

Techno123

Seems a few of us have booked the Tokyo to Bangkok cruise in November going by the questions about Tokyo.😁

My question is has anyone done the transfer to Bangkok airport on disembarkation day and is there a tour offered for those on a later flight?
Recently returned from a Caribbean cruise and Regent took us to the Everglades and for those on a later flight onto a shopping mall so hoping something may be offered in Thailand too. Thank you in advance for your advice.

Edited by Techno123

I would have though if disembarkation day tours were available they would be listed with the shore excursions for booking, but we have not been on a RSSC cruise before so not sure how it works. On Silversea, disembarkation day tours were available to book in advance with the other shore excursions.

Our flight departs Bangkok at 20:25 on the 25th November, so we’ve booked a room at the Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport as the offer day use rooms, and you can use all of the facilities. The rate is cancellable up to the day before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Domvh75 said:

I would have though if disembarkation day tours were available they would be listed with the shore excursions for booking, but we have not been on a RSSC cruise before so not sure how it works. On Silversea, disembarkation day tours were available to book in advance with the other shore excursions.

Our flight departs Bangkok at 20:25 on the 25th November, so we’ve booked a room at the Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport as the offer day use rooms, and you can use all of the facilities. The rate is cancellable up to the day before.

Thanks Domvh75. Looks like you are on the same cruise as us 😁 Which airport are you flying from?We have usually had some sort of tour as part of the transfer to the airport if our flight is a bit later. I have never seen them on the excursion list - they are usually on the disembarkation arrangements which you get mid cruise. I am hoping someone might have an idea what though.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Techno123 said:

Thanks Domvh75. Looks like you are on the same cruise as us 😁 Which airport are you flying from?We have usually had some sort of tour as part of the transfer to the airport if our flight is a bit later. I have never seen them on the excursion list - they are usually on the disembarkation arrangements which you get mid cruise. I am hoping someone might have an idea what though.

We’re flying to Tokyo with BA from Aberdeen via Heathrow. Since BA don’t fly from BKK at the moment, finding flights back took some effort as we were using BA Avios. Managed to redeem on Qatar Airways, BKK to Doha and then on to London.

Don’t like getting on a long haul flight all hot and sweaty so happy to chill out at a hotel and have a shower before an evening flight.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Domvh75 said:

I would have though if disembarkation day tours were available they would be listed with the shore excursions for booking

Disembarkation tours, if available, are only offered when you are on board.

22 minutes ago, Domvh75 said:

Qatar Airways, BKK to Doha and then on to London

Qatar provide an excellent service from our experience.

The Qatar flight will arrive at LHR Terminal 4 so you will have a transfer for your onward flight to Aberdeen 

We’re flying to Tokyo with BA from Aberdeen via Heathrow. Since BA don’t fly from BKK at the moment, finding flights back took some effort as we were using BA Avios. Managed to redeem on Qatar Airways, BKK to Doha and then on to London.

Spent 5 years in the Granite city. Hubby worked in Dyce and I worked at Foresterhill Hospital 😁

I know this doesn't happen all the time but on our recent Caribbean cruise, the people who flew from Glasgow to LHR then onto Miami with BA didn't see their luggage until 5 days into the cruise 😱 We flew from Manchester and spent the night in a LHR hotel so rechecked ours but they still managed to lose ours on the way back.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Techno123 said:

Spent 5 years in the Granite city. Hubby worked in Dyce and I worked at Foresterhill Hospital 😁

I know this doesn't happen all the time but on our recent Caribbean cruise, the people who flew from Glasgow to LHR then onto Miami with BA didn't see their luggage until 5 days into the cruise 😱 We flew from Manchester and spent the night in a LHR hotel so rechecked ours but they still managed to lose ours on the way back.

Small world! My office is in Dyce, and prior, worked at the University of Aberdeen based at Foresterhill.

In November, when we flew to Barbados with BA for the Silversea cruise we got Apple AirTags for our luggage. Used them again at Christmas when I went to Toronto. They worked a treat and gave peace of mind knowing luggage had made the flights.

On an aside, after booking this RSSC cruise, we watched the channel 5 series featuring the RSSC Explorer on my5, and the Christmas episode. So very much looking forward to this holiday! Hope it’ll be the same cruise director 😉😆

• Like 1

In November, when we flew to Barbados with BA for the Silversea cruise we got Apple AirTags for our luggage. 

On an aside, after booking this RSSC cruise, we watched the channel 5 series featuring the RSSC Explorer on my5, and the Christmas episode. So very much looking forward to this holiday! Hope it’ll be the same cruise director 😉😆

We had AirTags in ours. We had sprinted across Terminal 5 to make our connection and could see the bags still sitting at terminal C as we left 😢. Then there was Christmas so our bags arrived home 6 days later but better at the end than the beginning of the holiday 😜

John, who was the cruise director on the Christmas special, has gone to work for Seabourn so I don't know who our CD will be. Did you like Silversea? We are doing a cruise on the new Nova in 2025 (it doesn't sound so far away now we are in 2023 😂😂)

At least you guys did get your bags. I still have a bag sitting in CDG from a November cruise. AirTag shows exactly where it is, but neither Delta nor Air France seems to give a crap. At least it happened after the cruise and not before.

6 hours ago, wcsdkqh said:

At least you guys did get your bags. I still have a bag sitting in CDG from a November cruise. AirTag shows exactly where it is, but neither Delta nor Air France seems to give a crap. At least it happened after the cruise and not before.

That is terrible 😱 at lest ours arrived in the UK and we could have driven to get them if absolutely necessary.