Kon Tiki Bar at Dickenson Bay

GotMINI

Has anyone been there recently (2022/2023?).   Curious on peoples' thoughts...   What are prices like at the floating bar?   Think I read it's cash-only, which makes sense.   How often to the boat run back/forth to the beach?     

I'm planning on doing a beach horseback ride and going to Kon Tiki after the ride on my cruise next March, so I'm interested in hearing about cruiser's experiences too! I read that you just stand at the sign on the beach, wave and the boat driver will come pick you up.

• 1 year later...
On 1/15/2023 at 5:06 PM, GotMINI said:

Has anyone been there recently (2022/2023?).   Curious on peoples' thoughts...   What are prices like at the floating bar?   Think I read it's cash-only, which makes sense.   How often to the boat run back/forth to the beach?     

did you ever get your info? or did you go? curious as well 

Posted (edited)

Personally saw it, but never ended up venturing out there... sorry.   We were pretty satisfied vegging on the beach.  

Edited by GotMINI

On 3/10/2024 at 5:57 PM, GotMINI said:

Personally saw it, but never ended up venturing out there... sorry.   We were pretty satisfied vegging on the beach.  

Where on the beach did you sit?

It was few cruises ago now, so don’t recall exactly.    I’m pretty sure we just took cab from port and went to the main area, wherever that was.   That is why we often do.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/13/2024 at 12:39 PM, SugarStar00 said:

Where on the beach did you sit?

I just returned from a cruise and visited the Kon Tiki bar! There were no signs on the beach about where to wait so I wasn't sure where to stand and wave.  I ended up just watching the boat when it was left the bar and headed toward the part of the beach where it landed(a little to the right of the bar when looking from shore). The boats seemed to come and go fairly quickly, I didn't have to wait long.

It was a cash only bar. I had a "death" shot and a beer and came to about $9 (+tip). Wanted to stay longer but a squall came through and everyone bolted for the boat to return to the shore. Hope to go back someday though!!

• Thanks 1