Arctic 2024 expedition info

Wrigleydawg

We are looking at doing the Northwest Passage in 2024 and most of what I read here is Antarctica. Has anyone done Northwest Passage trips and have suggestions. I have been told the eastern half is most interesting which would tell me we should disembark at Cambridge Bay rather then go all the way west to Nome.  Any thoughts would be appreciated

We did the NW passage last Autumn and had a lovely cruise. However, compared to the expedition cruise we took in 2006 there was very little in the way of wild life. In 2006 we cruised Kangerlussuaq to Kangerlussuaq......14 days and saw many many polar bears, whales including Narwhals etc.

There were about 160 passengers on the ship with excellent lectures.

If you did the NW passage going all the way to Nome would be interesting.

Kind regards,

Tony

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 1/16/2023 at 3:33 AM, Tony & Trevor said:

We did the NW passage last Autumn and had a lovely cruise. However, compared to the expedition cruise we took in 2006 there was very little in the way of wild life. In 2006 we cruised Kangerlussuaq to Kangerlussuaq......14 days and saw many many polar bears, whales including Narwhals etc.

There were about 160 passengers on the ship with excellent lectures.

If you did the NW passage going all the way to Nome would be interesting.

Kind regards,

Tony

Tony, could you share more details about who you booked with for your 2006 expedition cruise? 

15 hours ago, kathynorth said:

Tony, could you share more details about who you booked with for your 2006 expedition cruise? 

Not trying to answer for Tony, but we cannot share specific TA information on CC, if that is what you are looking for.  Not saying you are, but I am not sure how to interpret your question.

When we went to book our Antarctica cruise, we were a bit concerned because this was like no other cruise we had booked in the past.  We felt that we wanted help with this booking, because for a Europe cruise we book ourselves.

We found that most Cruise websites have links to travel services.

I don't think that this is in violation of CC policy, because I am not recommending any TA, but only guiding you to a part of the Hurtigruten site that is where Hurtigruten list "Certified" TA's with the Hurtigruten product.

We found and used an agent that Hurtigruten list on their site.  We felt more comfortable that the agents you can find here are actually more knowledgable about the itineraries and Hurtigruten in general.

https://www.hurtigruten.com/us/hurtigruten-agent-search/

CDNPolar, I appreciate your response. I was looking for information on the cruise line or other tour company that was used for the Northeast Arctic cruise. We are searching for a cruise that will take us to the Pond Inlet area without emptying our bank account. We know this will be expensive due to the remoteness of the location. thanks again.

Kathynorth you might look at Aurora which is an expedition company doing both arctic and Antarctic. Be around for 30 years and get excellent reviews. We have booked directly with them, no TA and had great service. We are transiting the entire northwest passage with them in August 2024

• 3 weeks later...