Excursions on port day - when to be back on ship?

MRFuchs

25 minutes ago, MRFuchs said:

I am wondering at what time do we have to be back on the ship on port days. Let's say, the ship is leaving at 8pm, what is the latest to be back then from our excursions or beach day? Thanks.

Assuming you are asking about a Caribbean cruise, all aboard time is usually a half-hour before sail away time.  It will be posted on the daily planner for that day.

11 minutes ago, JAGR said:

Assuming you are asking about a Caribbean cruise, all aboard time is usually a half-hour before sail away time.  It will be posted on the daily planner for that day.

T

Yes, it is a Caribbean Cruise. Sounds good that this is only half-hour before departure. Gives us a lot of time to enjoy the port day. Thank you!

Check the daily planner and check again what is posted when leaving the ship. On my October cruise on the Divina, they changed the all aboard time to 1 hour prior to sailing at several of the ports, even though 30 minutes was originally in the planner. 

• Like 1

You mentioned a 8pm leaving time. Let's say the call is for 7:30pm. The ship doesn't close the gangway at 7:31. The ship won't leave until 8:01 or later. I'm just saying if you can get to the port a few minutes past 8 cross your fingers. Once the ship has decided it is going to leave the game is over. It will leave while passengers are running down the dock screaming for the ship 100 yards from the gangway.

Arriving on time is polite for everyone but if things went sideways during the day still try to get to the ship if not very late.

Edited by CruiseScrooge

1 hour ago, CruiseScrooge said:

You mentioned a 8pm leaving time. Let's say the call is for 7:30pm. The ship doesn't close the gangway at 7:31. The ship won't leave until 8:01 or later. I'm just saying if you can get to the port a few minutes past 8 cross your fingers. Once the ship has decided it is going to leave the game is over. It will leave while passengers are running down the dock screaming for the ship 100 yards from the gangway.

Arriving on time is polite for everyone but if things went sideways during the day still try to get to the ship if not very late.

Of course everybody should be on time. No question about that. And there might be traffic when everyone arrives late at the same time. But it is good to know that we can fully enjoy our port days. Makes the planning easier. But I will closely check the daily planner.