NCL changing itineraries for non-emergency reasons after final payment

kitkat343

Still can't believe this thread is still alive, the original poster and I were on the same cruise, and most of us on CC knew that the port wasn't going to happen on December 29, 2022, not informed by NCL but by a post in the roll call. Since then it has happened countless times on this cruise line and other ones. It even has happened to us twice since then, ever gone to Alaska and not seen a Glacier?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, UKstages said:

if i were you, though, i would try to find a florida-based law firm that might entertain a class action suit. or take the FTC route. if there really is a calculated plan and pattern to deceive customers by canceling for non-covered reasons after final payment has been made, and if that can be proven, there may well be a case here.

All of the comments below are opinion: From what I've read in order to bring a class action lawsuit it is first necessary to have to contract invalidated to nullify the arbitration clause. If the contract is fraudulent, it is possible to have it nulified. Once the contract is null it is possible to bring a suit seeking punitive damages. Another option is to seek mitigation which requires consumer to pay 150 and company to pay 500 initially. Then the costs go up from there. Mitigation is non-binding. Arbitration is more expensive but binding. I don't think it is worth the stress and hassle of going against a corporation. However filing a complaint with FTC, BBB, and trying to get a media outlet to cover NCL's policy, which they have confirmed in writing, is the route I'm taking. 

Edited by Cruise Guy50
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1