Couple questions about cruise I just booked (Ovation on may 11) Alaska

Clovis8

hey everyone. I asked in the roll call but thought I would try here too. 

1) logged into cruise planner and it says it has a sale ending tomorrow. Do I really need to rush and book everything or will there be another sale? We just booked today so would prefer to have a little to plan. Lol 

2) anyone know why we leave vancouver but come back to Seattle? How does this help RC? I am just curious of the reasoning for leaving one port and coming back to another. 

thanks for any help! 

Sales happen all the time. You can book and then rebook if you find a lower price. Booking early at least guarantees a spot, which can sell out.

The previous cruise before yours is coming from Hawaii. Ships cannot go from one US city to another unless it visits some South American port (distant foreign port or something like that), therefore it can’t end in Seattle from Hawaii. It can certainly sail from Vancouver and return to Vancouver, but Royal’s smaller ships sails those trips. I would assume the Quantum class sails roundtrip from Seattle versus Vancouver is because it can get more passengers to sail and at a higher price.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi we are on the same cruise! The fact that we leave From BC is an awesome thing believe me!! First, it will be a special cruise compared to round trip seattle! Ive done both, from vancouver to seward and round trip seattle. We chose this cruise solely on this fact! And also Ovation is an awesome ship! As for the sales, they come and goes. The best thing to do is like us, Bought the drink package at a discount price, but still keeps monitering prices. So if tit goes down, cancel and rebook! That way yoy get te best deal possible, same thing for the thermal suite passes!

As mentioned, Hawaii departures required it to go either to Victoria or Vancouver BC before going to Alaska. The Ovation does Seattle 7 day as does the Quantum so after your Alaska cruise you will end in Seattle, so the ship can start the summer cruise season.