Pre-Cruise San Diego Hotel Recommendation

bonjourcruise

Hello!  I'm hoping someone can share some budget-friendly options for a one-night stay in San Diego pre-cruise.  We're a family of four (two kids).  Trying to avoid car rental, if possible.  However, we arrive early morning in San Diego, so would like to explore a bit if possible to make the most of one day.  Do hotels generally let people drop off luggage in the morning before check-in?  Any suggestions for hotel that would have activities within walking distance or easy public transport?  Feel free to let me know if I'm asking for the impossible.. 😂  

Thanks!  

Never had a hotel refuse to hold luggage for an incoming reservation. 

There are dozens of threads here on hotels in the San Diego area. There are 6 or 8 hotels within easy walking distance of the cruise terminal,  and a short taxi ride...less that $20 with tip...from the airport. Take a look around the board.

45 minutes ago, bonjourcruise said:

Thanks Bruce!  If I stay near the port, are there any things to in the area within walking distance? 

As discussed in the other thread you are on, there is a Maritime museum, and the Midway (aircraft carrier) to tour. Check out Google Maps. The port area is wide open and easily walked.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2023 at 5:03 AM, bonjourcruise said:

Thanks Bruce!  If I stay near the port, are there any things to in the area within walking distance? 

There is tons of shopping and dining in nearby Seaport Village which is a joy to walk to/through, and there is a nice walking/scooter trail that runs along the harbor, as well as plenty of harbor cruises and museums and other activities depending on your budget. The New Childrens museum is also a short walk away and lovely. A quick uber could get you to the amazing SD Zoo and Balboa Park which has days worth of things to see and do!