I need help finding a rental car company near the Nawiliwili Harbor in Lihue, HI

debbeck

1 hour ago, debbeck said:

We will be in Kauai for a day and a half in July 2023.   I know we can get a car at the Lihue airpot but is there a car rental company for pick up near the port?  Any help appreciated.

Not that I know of. Maybe there is a local off brand, but no majors. There used to be a rental car desk in the then Marriott Kauai, now Royal Sonesta Kaua'i Resort, but they changed companies when Royal Sonesta took over (Hertz to Enterprise) and then Enterprise closed the desk during Covid and hasn't reopened it.

Avis/Budget has a shuttle to the airport, which is less than 3 miles away.

7 hours ago, scottca075 said:

Avis/Budget has a shuttle that takes you to the airport counter.

Is this current information? These two agencies will shuttle passengers to/from port to airport?

I hope you are correct.

1 hour ago, ERNLYN said:

Is this current information? These two agencies will shuttle passengers to/from port to airport? I hope you are correct.

We rented from Avis in Nawiliwili in Oct.2022. Avis/Budget are one company, one bus, different divisions and counters,

33 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

We rented from Avis in Nawiliwili in Oct.2022. Avis/Budget are one company, one bus, different divisions and counters,

Will they pick up and drop off at the port?

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, alex_beni said:

Hi! By any chance do you have the bus schedule?

If you mean the Avis/Budget Shuttle, I don't think there is a schedule. I think they wait at the arrival terminal and load based on who has reservations, go to the airport (3 miles away) and return to the pier for more pickups.

If you mean the Anchor Cove Shuttle Bus, same thing I think. They fill the shuttle, go to the center, drop off and return. Ditto for Hilo Hattie's and Walmart (if they bring back their shuttle).

2 hours ago, alex_beni said:

Thanks! I´m actually worried about getting from the airport to the port after returning 

It should not be a worry, just don't cut it too close. I think 5PM or 6PM is the usual sailaway time so give yourself plenty of time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2023 at 6:28 AM, debbeck said:

We will be in Kauai for a day and a half in July 2023.   I know we can get a car at the Lihue airpot but is there a car rental company for pick up near the port?  Any help appreciated.

There is Ali'i Car Rentals, walkable from the ship for the young ones, or if you call them, they will send a shuttle.

Kauai Rental Cars | Lihue Rental Cars | Jeeps | Wranglers (aliirentalcars.com)