How hard is it to change cabins before our cruise?

lola4795

I just realized that we booked a cabin on Deck 13 of the Divina right under the buffet.  I would really like to switch decks and don't mind paying a little bit extra to move.  Our cruise leaves April 3.  I booked directly on the MSC website.  We have fully paid for the cruise, but have not done our online check in yet. 

Do you think we can still change decks?  What is the best option for trying to make the change?  Thanks!

You could try calling and asking.  Honestly it's kind of "hit and miss" with their representatives that "know" what is actually really able to be done, but I just read that someone went to guest services once onboard and got an upgrade from inside on deck 5 to a balcony.....really nice......I do know that closer to the sail date you will start getting upgrade offers......for bidding....I haven't tried it but the I did notice the offers were higher than the original price for the room....good luck and let us know how it goes...

On 1/20/2023 at 1:14 AM, lola4795 said:

I just realized that we booked a cabin on Deck 13 of the Divina right under the buffet.  I would really like to switch decks and don't mind paying a little bit extra to move.  Our cruise leaves April 3.  I booked directly on the MSC website.  We have fully paid for the cruise, but have not done our online check in yet. 

Do you think we can still change decks?  What is the best option for trying to make the change?  Thanks!

We've changed cabins after booking on previous cruises. I just called and asked for the cabin we wanted to move to.

Although, it does seem to depend on your location as to how well calling goes. We're in the UK and nothing weird happens to your booking if you call to make changes. I understand from CC posters that's not the case for everyone. 

1 hour ago, Aussiegrlfl said:

You could try calling and asking.  Honestly it's kind of "hit and miss" with their representatives that "know" what is actually really able to be done, but I just read that someone went to guest services once onboard and got an upgrade from inside on deck 5 to a balcony.....really nice......I do know that closer to the sail date you will start getting upgrade offers......for bidding....I haven't tried it but the I did notice the offers were higher than the original price for the room....good luck and let us know how it goes...

this would be a RARE occurence; since you are before sailing what you can do is a "mock" booking to find another cabin you'd like in the SAME class and ask to be switched.