Dining together with different cabin categories

K&RCurt

Our extended family is looking at booking a cruise on the Mardi Gras.  

DW & I are looking at an Ocean Suite, DD#1 and her family planning on a Family Harbor Suite, DD#2 and her family and DS and his DW are planning on Balcony Cabins.

From what I have seen on YT ship tours it appears Mardi Gras has a separate dining room for Suite Guests.

Does anyone know if A) Family Harbor Suite Guests are assigned to the Suite Dining Room?  B) Is it possible for Suite Guests to opt out and be assigned to the MDR to eat with the rest of the family?

Thanks for any insight!

On our Panorama cruise, our party had 3 rooms - 2 balconies and a family harbor inside cabin and we were all sat together.  In the past we have gone to MDR on embarkation day and talked with staff and had our table switched to sit with friends.  

A) I am not sure

B) In our experince we have been able to arrange to be sat at a different table with others who we were not booked with.  I would suggest on embarkation day going to the MDR and making the request.  Another way that would/should work is if you choose your time dining.

I hope this helps and I hope you and your cruise party have a great time!

20 minutes ago, ncovert said:

On our Panorama cruise, our party had 3 rooms - 2 balconies and a family harbor inside cabin and we were all sat together.  In the past we have gone to MDR on embarkation day and talked with staff and had our table switched to sit with friends.  

A) I am not sure

B) In our experince we have been able to arrange to be sat at a different table with others who we were not booked with.  I would suggest on embarkation day going to the MDR and making the request.  Another way that would/should work is if you choose your time dining.

I hope this helps and I hope you and your cruise party have a great time!

Thanks!

After some further research it seems the YT videos I saw were mistaken and all of these cabins go to the MDR, so if we just link the reservations we should all be assigned together or at least close.  Doubt they even have tables for 12! 

• Like 1