Mexican silver jewelry for men

ununoctium

Have a cruise in a few weeks making calls in Cabo, PV, Mazatlan and Ensenada. I’m looking to pick up a few silver rings. Any tips or places anyone has had success with finding quality, authentic jewelry? I bought some from a place (now closed) in PV that I wasn’t thrilled with the quality of. Thanks. 

I don't have a place to recommend but be very wary of silver jewelry in Mexico.  Much is fake and will turn your finger green.  There is a stamp for legit silver (.925) so look for that but sometimes even that is faked.  Also, you can barter on the prices, and they will start exceedingly high initially.  Prices across the board go up on days the ships come in, when we stay at all-inclusive we never go into town to shop on ship days.

In Puerto Vallarta, I have had positive experiences at Ole, a high end store on the Malecon, just a few stores up from the lighthouse.  But the prices are high.  We were buying artwork/furniture but I assume that they have jewelry.  

In PV, one of the must-visits is the Church of Our Lady of Guadalupe (Parroquia de Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe).  The Church is just off to the left from the Malecon (as you walk south). Marino y Marino Jewelers has a store right by the Church.  We bought a beautiful bracelet from one of the other Marino y Marino locations (I've been to three or four locations over the years.)  They initially asked for more than twice the price we finally paid, so CaCruisin's warning about high asking prices is very important!! Be prepared to spend a lot of time on your offers/counteroffers -- it isn't like eBay in the last minute of an auction!    You and the seller are both trying to wear the other down!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1