Gem Jan. 25 departure from NY delayed till 3am Jan. 26, skipping Bermuda

Turtles06

On 1/28/2023 at 9:44 AM, Turtles06 said:

Since we got past that first really windy day, the weather’s been great. Sunny, and increasingly warm as we make our way to St. Thomas tomorrow. (Our first port.) The pools are open and people are out and about. 

C03D2103-6F2D-43EA-A1E2-3D400D1539D4.thumb.jpeg.bda3265fd6d420f06292361e3d2e4e8c.jpeg

The food is sort of hit or miss as exemplified by the bizarre item below from the dinner menu the other night in the MDR.  An iceberg wedge with turkey, cheddar cheese, and vinaigrette?  (And grilled?) Not a bacon bit or blue cheese crumble in sight?  We ate at Cagney’s last night, and while the iceberg wedge on their menu said it had bacon, there was no bacon. (There is bacon on board, I’ve seen it at breakfast.) We did enjoy the pork spare ribs in the MDR the first night. 

As for the entertainment, we haven’t gone to anything in the main theatre yet, but there’s a singer named Tania (who accompanies herself on the guitar) who plays in the evenings in the Atrium or Magnums, who we enjoy listening to.  I always feel sorry for the performers in those spaces, who have to compete with the noise from the nearby bars. 

The bottom line for us is that we are happy to be back at sea. 😊

B7A90407-55C2-498F-A251-7B6E2112A32D.thumb.jpeg.59b1cb724149483c34e25541db776d12.jpeg

Grilled Lettuce is actually really good. it gets a bit charred and changes the flavor.

On 1/27/2023 at 11:02 AM, dbrown84 said:

to be honest, I was really just annoyed by the comment.  There really isn't an official definition of the regions.  The census bureau defines the DC area as the south, but that definition is from the 1800's, whereas the department of labor has it as the northeast.  You're really not wrong either way.  Everyone has their own definition,  as we're seeing. 

Actually as Ealy as 1984 it was considered the South...

9 hours ago, juju2454 said:

It is indeed considered South,  not northeast,   Look it up.  DD lives in DC and she says she is in the south.

oh, clearly I'm mistaken.  If DD says it, then i guess it must me true.  SMH.  Maybe you should look it up (rude)

• Haha 1

On 1/27/2023 at 1:31 PM, shof515 said:

NYC is just as bad. Everyone considers parts of New Jersey, Westchester and Connecticut to be New York City

New York City is suppose to be just the 5 boroughs of Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx  and Staten Island

It's commonly referred to as NY metropolitan area.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2023 at 6:48 AM, dbrown84 said:

oh, clearly I'm mistaken.  If DD says it, then i guess it must me true.  SMH.  Maybe you should look it up (rude)

clearly if youi ay otherwise the rest of us are in the wrong(rude)  but do keep trying....  because the epitome of rude,  you just defined it.