CAN I BRING THIS IN TO AUSTRALIA?

Ski-Lady

I am a knitter and plan to bring some knitting with me to pass the time on the long flights. I use natural fibers that have been processed and dyed. 

I know Australia can be restrictive on what is brought into the country. I was wondering if I will be able to bring natural processed yarn into the country?

• Haha 1

On 1/28/2023 at 2:08 AM, woodsmiths said:

I would imagine you would have no problem with knitting yarn.  You can check the Australian Border Force website https://www.abf.gov.au/entering-and-leaving-australia/can-you-bring-it-in/overview , but I suspect knitting yarn is not mentioned.

I check and it doesn't mention yarn. I even tried the search function and no luck.

Do you not think that if yarn was banned - so would clothing ? 😆 

If it was freshly shorn wool straight off a sheep's back - filled with potential seeds, burrs and bugs - that would be an issue. But plain old shop bought knitting yarn is no different to someone wearing a newly knitted scarf or beanie. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Ski-Lady said:

I check and it doesn't mention yarn. I even tried the search function and no luck.

No luck is good luck.  Bring as much yarn for personal use as you like.  Anyway in Australia to spin a yarn means to tell someone a story - generally a long far fetched story - spinning a yarn.  Enjoy your trip, and yarn away.