Galley Dining Questions

bugeater2

I last sailed back in November 2022 and the all of the Galley venues closed at 3:00pm except for the diner which only served breakfast 24 hours.

Now looking at their website, all of the other Galley venues have wording that they would be open in the evening. Is this a recent change or did my cruise in November just close up early because it was only around 60% occupied?

Looking to verify before I make another booking. Having only 2 options (Breakfast and pizza) past 3:00pm outside of the specialty venues is a deal breaker.

Please let me know your experiences.

Thanks

35 minutes ago, bugeater2 said:

I last sailed back in November 2022 and the all of the Galley venues closed at 3:00pm except for the diner which only served breakfast 24 hours.

Now looking at their website, all of the other Galley venues have wording that they would be open in the evening. Is this a recent change or did my cruise in November just close up early because it was only around 60% occupied?

Looking to verify before I make another booking. Having only 2 options (Breakfast and pizza) past 3:00pm outside of the specialty venues is a deal breaker.

Please let me know your experiences.

Thanks

Hours have changed recently, but even back last November some of the Galley would have been open in the evening. Most stations stop lunch service around 3pm and then start dinner service around 5pm. But the hot sandwiches and tacos don’t offer dinner at all. Burgers, salads and all-day breakfast will be available in the evening as well a steak sandwich which is dinner only.

The Dock also offers mezze and grilled meats all afternoon and the social club has hot dogs and chicken wings. Pizza closes late afternoon and opens at 9pm

to 1am for late night food. 
ramen noodles also closes for lunch at 3pm but opens for late night dinner at 9pm (or later maybe).

but generally they don’t expect you to fo to the galley for dinner, it’s mainly a breakfast and lunch venue. But if you want a quick dinner after a port stop there is the steak sandwich, burgers or later night pizza. 

• Like 2

Each station in The Galley seemed to have its own hours in October, 2022.  All were open until 3, then some closed.  There was food available at other locations around the ship--The Social Club, The Dock/Dock House, etc.  Several of The Galley stations opened in the evening until 10:30 or 11.  For instance, the salad place was serving until 10:30, as was the Ramen place.  I can confirm those places because we used them....others may have been open as well.  Pizza is open from 9pm - 1 am, ice cream closes at 10.  Ship Eats was open each time we wanted them, but I can't quote hours.

Remember that if you order any item with a charge with Ship Eats (alcohol, specialty tea, hot chocolate, etc), the delivery charge is waived.

Ship Eats (room service) is 24/7 except the last night of the cruise. All of the Galley locations open again at 5 except Let's Taco About It and Hot of the Press which only do breakfast and lunch and then Noodle Around opens late for an hour or two. There's also the other food options that others have mentioned. 

2 hours ago, neverendingcruising said:

Ship Eats (room service) is 24/7 except the last night of the cruise. All of the Galley locations open again at 5 except Let's Taco About It and Hot of the Press which only do breakfast and lunch and then Noodle Around opens late for an hour or two. There's also the other food options that others have mentioned. 

And this is why I was asking. The website states that the Taco and Sandwich venues are open in the evening.

This was not my experience and it looks like you didn't see that either.

Thanks

6 hours ago, cantgetin said:

Each station in The Galley seemed to have its own hours in October, 2022.  All were open until 3, then some closed.  There was food available at other locations around the ship--The Social Club, The Dock/Dock House, etc.  Several of The Galley stations opened in the evening until 10:30 or 11.  For instance, the salad place was serving until 10:30, as was the Ramen place.  I can confirm those places because we used them....others may have been open as well.  Pizza is open from 9pm - 1 am, ice cream closes at 10.  Ship Eats was open each time we wanted them, but I can't quote hours.

Remember that if you order any item with a charge with Ship Eats (alcohol, specialty tea, hot chocolate, etc), the delivery charge is waived.

We did use the Ship eats on our last night and it was actually pretty good.

1 hour ago, bugeater2 said:

And this is why I was asking. The website states that the Taco and Sandwich venues are open in the evening.

This was not my experience and it looks like you didn't see that either.

Thanks

Do you know where that is on the website? I don't think I've seen any location operating hours?

1 hour ago, neverendingcruising said:

Do you know where that is on the website? I don't think I've seen any location operating hours?

I have the paper info from my last cruise.  It lists "Hot off the Press (sandwiches) 8am-3pm.  Taco 8a,-1030am and 12 noon -3pm.

1 hour ago, neverendingcruising said:

It will be listed in the app for your particular cruise. Or you can pick up a paper line up. 
I’ve not seen any information on hours on the website, just very general introductory stuff?

The taco and sandwich places meals are lunch sized portions really too. 

We found the paper handout to be accurate on our cruise.  The app was correct concerning hours, but there were often openings for activities that the app listed as full, and walk up restaurant seatings were usually available.

1 hour ago, bugeater2 said:

This is an example of why I was asking. The Paper in the picture shows Tacos till 3:00pm but the website shows this.

Marketing and Reality are not on the same page.

Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 10.01.36 PM.png

Ah I didn’t see that in the text as thought it was talking about what is served more than when. I expect that web copy was written three years ago by a marketing person and they’ve not talked to operations since.  The Taco and sandwich stations have never done dinner service in the whole 2.5 years the line has been going and there isn’t the demand for it as 99% of guests have a waited service meal for dinner. 

On 1/29/2023 at 3:42 PM, bugeater2 said:

Thanks

Venues in The Galley close at 3 but some reopen for dinner. We sailed all the way back in July of 2022 and The Galley was open for dinner. The food stalls rotated each night so everyone one of them was not open. But the Salads were there each evening, Ramen, Burgers, Tacos and such rotated so at least a few of them were open. The Sweet Side was open each evening. You can have dinner in The Galley easily, just not every venue will be open. 

Edited by WheresWalter