Booking a future cruise onboard

guitarboy53

Good evening. I’ve never booked a future cruise while on a cruise but the onboard credit seems appealing. My question is, if we choose the book later option and have up to 90 days to choose a future cruise and don’t end up doing so, what happens to the $100 per person deposit that we paid onboard? Thank you!

C79F3C0C-F2C5-45AA-BC34-C7393CB4D9CA.jpeg

10 hours ago, guitarboy53 said:

Good evening. I’ve never booked a future cruise while on a cruise but the onboard credit seems appealing. My question is, if we choose the book later option and have up to 90 days to choose a future cruise and don’t end up doing so, what happens to the $100 per person deposit that we paid onboard? Thank you!

With you being from Turkey, I'm not sure what sort of terms they'll have in place with the Book Later option.  You'll want to check on that with the staff onboard.  For US bookings, the time period to pick a sailing is now 1 year.  If you don't pick one within 1 year, the deposit is refunded in full.

11 hours ago, guitarboy53 said:

If you let the Future Cruise option lapse, the $100 is refunded (see first photo). Lately Celebrity has extended the option period from 90 days to a year. In fact for our recently completed transatlantic cruise, the option period was 18 months (2nd photo).

AA10759F-F58B-4954-8D86-FC16E5A4F421.jpe

55DABEEB-1F10-46F5-AB12-E5C4EE2F3772.jpe

Edited by mahdnc

Previously, there were 90 days to reserve and maintain the OBC promotion, and one year to reserve without OBC. Now it is 18 months in both cases.

In other threads it is mentioned that the OBC of the current cruise can be used to pay the deposit, is this possible?

Things I’ve learned in the hard way:

If you book a specific sailing, not the “book later” option, the deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable. So, please go to future cruise desk when sober.

If you book “book later”, please ask future cruise crews to right the booking expiration date on the certificate. Your TA will need that information when booking. Of course they can call Celebrity to find out but having the expiration date handy is helpful.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Moochi said:

If you book a specific sailing, not the “book later” option, the deposit is non-refundable

It was my understanding that you could still make the reservation with the refundable deposit fare.

This is from the terms of the Cruise Now/Later form:

"When you make a Cruise Now reservation, or convert your Cruise Later reservation to a confirmed booking, you will have the option of booking under a refundable fare or a nonrefundable deposit fare. If you select a non-refundable deposit fare, the original deposit and any additional deposits will not be refundable at any time."

17 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

It was my understanding that you could still make the reservation with the refundable deposit fare.

This is from the terms of the Cruise Now/Later form:

"When you make a Cruise Now reservation, or convert your Cruise Later reservation to a confirmed booking, you will have the option of booking under a refundable fare or a nonrefundable deposit fare. If you select a non-refundable deposit fare, the original deposit and any additional deposits will not be refundable at any time."

Thank you for the info! When we were booking onboard, we had an employee in training. After everything was completed, payment made, and confirmation printed, another employee came over and told her that she should have mentioned to us that the booking is non-refundable. We didn’t mind at all at the time because we were so excited! Now our plans have changed and we felt a bit stuck with the cruise selection lol

• Like 1