Removing 3rd person and switching room question

codingkw

My mother in law passed away this week. Our cruise is in April. If I remove her from the room will carnival make us change to a 2 person room. We have a group of 5 rooms all in a row together and we don't want to switch rooms. Or would it be better to have her be a no-show and just lose the money we paid for the 3rd person to keep the 3 cruiser room.

It depends.  How much were you charged for the third person, excluding taxes and fees?  If it was minimal, I would just go the no show route.  That way nothing changes, and whomever paid the taxes and fees will get those refunded automatically.  If what you paid was meaningful, you can always call and ask the hypothetical question, and see what they say.  If you like the answer, go for it.  If not, don’t do anything. 

Sorry to hear about your MIL passing.  

• Like 2

Sorry for your loss.

We removed our DD from a 3 person room once.  We were warned that they "could" change our room.  They didn't.  It's highly unlikely that they will change your room if they don't do it at the time you cancel.  I would call and speak with them.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 1/30/2023 at 6:14 PM, codingkw said:

My mother in law passed away this week. Our cruise is in April. If I remove her from the room will carnival make us change to a 2 person room. We have a group of 5 rooms all in a row together and we don't want to switch rooms. Or would it be better to have her be a no-show and just lose the money we paid for the 3rd person to keep the 3 cruiser room.

What did you end up doing?  I’m in a similar situation have 2 rooms next to each other but the 3rd person won’t be going.