miami hotel- need a review please

cruzin w chris

Hubby and I stayed at the Hyatt in Sept 05. We weren't impressed at all!!! After paying $140 a night, we would have liked to have been a little impressed :) . I wish I had known about the Holiday Inn- across the street from the marketplace/shopping area. If I ever go back to Miami, that's where we will definately stay.

I would read what is posted on the pre hotel thread. Tripadvisor is a wonderful sourse, but for some reason many who write reviews there can be awfully picky thus turning a positive or middle of the road hotel into what appears to be the worst of the worst. We haven't stayed at the Intercontinental but stayed at the Holiday Inn just about a block away. Intercontinental looked quite nice, the location couldn't be better. Someone asked about the Hilton. I presume you mean the one at the airport. It is more like a resort than an airport location, sitting on a lagoon complete with water sports it has always been one of our favorites. I haven't stayed at the Hyatt but like most places there are good and bad reviews on it. If you are talking about just one night any of the major chains should offer you a nice relaxing experience. I was very unimpressed with the Holiday Inn except for the view, but again, I am not a lover of Holiday Inns. NMNita

While the location of the Riande Continental is perfect, just across from the entrance to the port, TrentS has said many times to stay away from this place. I would listen to him, unless you are prepared for the worst. Do a search of the hotels thread and put in the keywords to find previous comments.

You will also find reviews of hotels at http://www.biddingfortravel.com

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami at Bayside and enjoyed our stay there. The hotel itself was clean and comfortable but what we liked best was a great view of the port watching the ships come in. Bayside Marketplace was right across the street so there was plenty to do from listening to live music to dining to taking a sail boat ride. We are going in September again and we will be staying at the same hotel.

riande continental bayside hotel in miami, has anyone ever stayed here before and if so how was it ?

This place is a DUMP! We stayed there recently in February. The Holidy Inn Express in close by and looks alot better.

Archived