Carnival Pride 2-19-2006 Trip

kellanderson

WOW! that week certainly flew by. i promised to write a review of the boat, but i am in the midst of a big move and getting settlend and renovating a new place...

in a nutshell

arrived the day before and got dropped off at the peir about 10:30 was directed to early check in at the QM what a snap, even got to tour the boat a bit too....stood in the VIP line for awhile, and watched others line up behind us, and then those that were not able to do VIP check-in, like my brother and some of our friends who did not board till about 2:30 or so...

we were onboard and up to the buffett pretty quickly. same old same old with carnival food....good selections, but same stuff....enjoyed the fresh fruits and desserts more at mermaids than the d-room...

d-room menu was the same as the past two cruises we have been on...VALOR and SENSATION kind of dissapointed about that as we like to try new things...

sushi bar was open every night...not always a veggie option but by the end of the week they guy knew i was coming at 7:30 and had some aside for me...very thoughtful

decor is OVER the top and i did find some of the interior paintings a little disturbing...oh well each boat has its uniqueness

had a balcony room...ordered breakfast room service each morning...mmmm warm and fresh danishes....bagels , juice and fruit.

PV we did a private fishing tour- more on that when i write my review

MAZ did Randi's loved her and her crew...excellent food had the tacos and fish fingers....my FI was sick that day and had the garlic shrimp he loved it but could'nt eat much of it cause he didn't feel well

my FI's bro got hives from the horses...his own fault for wearing shorts...on the back of his knees...randi had an EMT come over and we got him fixed up....

cabo we snuck into the melia and grabbed towels when the pool attendant was away...about 8am...we got off the boat early...walked from the pier to the melia about a 1/2 hour walk which we enjoyed.... walked the beach back...much quicker about 20 mins or so.... at the end of the day

haggled on the beach, but found the best deals on the dock on our way back to the tender for the ship.

chilly last day- people were sick...always seems that way to me the bugs that come on board and viruses are full blown by the end of the trip and people are couped up in their rooms..

we loved having the bungee for our balc door and slept with it open most nights.....wonderful!

promise to write a full review in the next few weeks

thanks for the quick mini-review. Could you explain abit more about folks being sick on the last day....respiratory or tummy? Going in July with some kiddos and want to avoid Gi problems. Do you know if those who were sick ate ashore? Thanks!

it was a flu like bug...i love cruising but always seem to get something near the end...i did find that the balc room with fresh air helped this go around....

bring some vitamins and keep those kiddies hands clean...they do a great job on the ship, but you never know who pusehd that elevator button in front of you....and

Archived