Half day in Barcelona

snorkle lover

17 hours ago, snorkle lover said:

jeb_bud, that is probably what we will do. Did you do Parc Guell and Sagrada Familia  on your own or did you have a prearranged tour? We are supposed to get into Barcelona early morning as well.

We did the touring on our own. Before we started cruising we were always our own tour guides. We still tend to treat pre- and post-cruise days that way although as we near 70 we are rethinking that a little. 

Barcelona is a favorite of ours.  There have been good recommendations in this thread.  I wouldn't hesitate, though, to just relax and wander around Bari Gotic, Las Ramblas, and Passeig de Gracia without trying to do more intensive sightseeing on the day of arrival.  Sagrada Familia is amazing, but I'm not sure I'd want to pack it in with other sights while jet-lagged.

A couple of other lower-key sites would be the "Magic Fountains" in the evening, and Poble Espanol.  Check hours for them if interested.

We've found cabs in Barcelona to be plentiful, clean, and pretty honest.  They are typically around the size of a Toyota Corolla, and prices in the core area of the city aren't bad.  We've also found the Metro to be clean, safe, and efficient (though be aware of possible pickpockets on public transit and the streets).

• Like 1