Calm water snorkeling in St. Thomas

Paris334

We will be on the Norwegian Escape in mid-March and we're looking for an excursion in St. Thomas. We have a $50 credit for each adult (we are two adults, two kids) so we'd like to use a ship's excursion if it makes sense.  We are late to book so a number of tours are sold out but two are left that we're interested in and wondering if anyone has thoughts on Buck Island's Turtle Cove vs. Island Cove?  We have two girls, 8 and 10, both very good swimmers who have not been snorkeling before. We think they'd love it but want to be sure it's typically calm waters.  We have a boat at home and really think they'd love the catamaran ride to get wherever we go, too, so to us that's part of the experience, for sure!

The two specific excursions are  "Turbo Cat Snorkel & Beach and the "PowerCat Snorkel & Beach." Does anyone have a recommendation? The "PowerCat" goes to Buck Island's Turtle Cove and the "Turbo Cat" goes to Island Cove. I wasn't able to find too much when googling.

9 hours ago, Paris334 said:

We will be on the Norwegian Escape in mid-March and we're looking for an excursion in St. Thomas. We have a $50 credit for each adult (we are two adults, two kids) so we'd like to use a ship's excursion if it makes sense.  We are late to book so a number of tours are sold out but two are left that we're interested in and wondering if anyone has thoughts on Buck Island's Turtle Cove vs. Island Cove?  We have two girls, 8 and 10, both very good swimmers who have not been snorkeling before. We think they'd love it but want to be sure it's typically calm waters.  We have a boat at home and really think they'd love the catamaran ride to get wherever we go, too, so to us that's part of the experience, for sure!

The two specific excursions are  "Turbo Cat Snorkel & Beach and the "PowerCat Snorkel & Beach." Does anyone have a recommendation? The "PowerCat" goes to Buck Island's Turtle Cove and the "Turbo Cat" goes to Island Cove. I wasn't able to find too much when googling.

I think they both go to Buck Island which is not as good of snorkeling as it has been in the past.  But if you want to go, if it was my kids, Id opt for the Turbo cat.  You get to the beach and snorkeling quicker then just lying on a Catamaran sailing.

• Like 1

We booked the catamaran excursion to St. John and snorkeled there.  The boat was the Dancing Dolphin and I highly recommend them.  The crew was great.  Drinks and snacks were great.  The ride from St. Thomas to St. John was wonderful.  While snorkeling, we saw turtles and rays.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/9/2023 at 5:08 PM, Dane Mom 01 said:

We booked the catamaran excursion to St. John and snorkeled there.  The boat was the Dancing Dolphin and I highly recommend them.  The crew was great.  Drinks and snacks were great.  The ride from St. Thomas to St. John was wonderful.  While snorkeling, we saw turtles and rays.

which excursion , booked through who ?