"Now We're Voyaging Together" (linked bookings) and "Splash for your Bash" (Experience Package)

Chrish2

As the the posts in the Share the Love Sailer Loot thread the past refer a friend has now (14th Feb 2023) been replaced with a new offering and an optional  Experience Package.

Instead of continuing to clutter a 19 page thread with the info I thought it would be useful to start a new thread.

----

Now We're Voyaging Together

https://www.virginvoyages.com/l/celebration-cruises

Main info

• Book or link cabins for a free "bottle of fizz" (max one per cabin on both sides). Groups of 8 or more get a "dinner concierge service".
  • New "Experience Package" called Splash for your Bash. $250 per cabin of two people (unsure if they pro-rata that for cabins more or less). Upgrades the fizz to moat. One free bottomless brunch at wake or Razzle Dazzle. One "Celebratory Dinner" with a venue specific Chef selected sharing menu for the group, Venue specific curated beverage package for the group that compliments the selected menus, and a Celebratory Dessert.

The focus is really back onto group trips with copy talking about Anniversaries, Bachelor(ette) parties, Birthdays, Family reunions, friend trips etc.

Old referral links take you to the old promo but with no ability to start booking a cabin.

----

• Thanks 1

Can’t see the value in Splash for a Bash. Bottomless brunch drinks are $25 per person normally, Moet is $95 so that means the special dinner and drinks is costing $105 per cabin and they are valuing it even higher. Given most food is included I really can’t see why the package is worthwhile. Although I have now seen the package includes the seafood platter which is usually an upcharge, but how many people would actually want that?

Edited by jon81uk
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, jon81uk said:

Can’t see the value in Splash for a Bash. Bottomless brunch drinks are $25 per person normally, Moet is $95 so that means the special dinner and drinks is costing $105 per cabin and they are valuing it even higher. Given most food is included I really can’t see why the package is worthwhile.

In addition to what you mentioned, it looks like there is a  beverage package for the group at the celebratory dinner as well.  But again, the wine pairings at Test Kitchen are something like $35 or $45, so not a huge amount.  I'm really not clear on how this would work; whether it is available for 2 linked cabins or you need a group of 8.  If we book a cruise for a birthday with just the two of us in the cabin, does this deal COST $250 or are we getting the benefits listed, or nothing since we are not a group?  

I do know there have been concerns that VV doesn't do anything for anniversaries, birthdays, or whatever...what most lines do had vary little monetary value, but is a nice gesture such as a special desert. 

7 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

In addition to what you mentioned, it looks like there is a  beverage package for the group at the celebratory dinner as well.  But again, the wine pairings at Test Kitchen are something like $35 or $45, so not a huge amount.  I'm really not clear on how this would work; whether it is available for 2 linked cabins or you need a group of 8.  If we book a cruise for a birthday with just the two of us in the cabin, does this deal COST $250 or are we getting the benefits listed, or nothing since we are not a group?  

I do know there have been concerns that VV doesn't do anything for anniversaries, birthdays, or whatever...what most lines do had vary little monetary value, but is a nice gesture such as a special desert. 

I did say special dinner and drinks for the $105, but as you say with the drink pairings a good example and normally $35 that’s $70, so you are still paying $35 for the up-charge food. 
The package is $250 and valued (allegedly) at $325 for the brunch drinks, Moet and the special dinner. 

I celebrated my birthday onboard last year and got Happy Birthday on the plate of a dessert.

Not overly wowed by it at $350. It might be decent depending on the cocktail/mocktail selection for the brunch and dinner for $250. What’s interesting is the part about the up charge items, are those included? 

With an enhanced family-style, chef-curated menu, complimentary curated beverage packages (with mocktail options, too, of course), and desserts — just for you and your dinner party (think gorgeous birthday cakes or delicious, “I finally broke up with Brad” pies), our celebratory dinner plus-ups, like sea-food towers and tomahawk steaks, make the experience of dining together (even more) memorable.”

• Like 1