Any recent experience with Maho Bay on St. John?

philv

• 2 weeks later...

Maho is a narrow beach with calm shallow water. Sea grass out a bit, so if you're snorkeling, you'll probably see turtles. Across the road is are a few pop up shops, carry out snack bar, equipment rentals, and bathrooms. (pic is across from Maho) It is pretty sunny on the beach, also get very crowded. We were staying on island so I don't know if there is chair rentals as we brought our own. If you have never been to St John, I suggest going to Trunk Bay...more beach, snack bar, bar, few shops.

IMG_8157.jpg

• Like 1

We went over to Maho Bay during a land vacation and liked it. The beach was pretty and we did some snorkeling. We found starfish and sea turtles. You can find my review HERE with pictures. We also did a cruise with snorkeling over to Maho to snorkel and there was A LOT of turtles that day along with remora's on each turtle, which was pretty amazing. Pictures HERE down the page a little.

Not sure what activities you like to do, but we love to snorkel. When we went by ferry over to St John we visited Trunk Bay as well and loved it there. Review HERE. Trunk Bay also has some ruins across the street that are interesting as well HERE

• 5 weeks later...

We went to Maho Bay in February and had a great time. Some of my traveling companions did not like all the transit, taxi to Red Hook, ferry, taxi to Maho Bay, and back, but I thought it was fun with new to us places to see. Beach is one of the most beautiful places I have been . Several booze and food locations. My snorkeling companions saw lots of turtles, all with two fish on their backs. I just lay on beach and soaked up the beautiful scene. Overall I’d say it was one of the best days in my Caribbean experiences.