"Sold Out" onboard activities in cruise planner

fletch1027

I was curious if anyone has had any experience with wanting to book an onboard activity (all-access tour, flowrider lesson, casita, etc) that it said was sold out? Wondering if they ever change status in the cruise planner to being available due to cancellations or if there may be availability either by calling or checking day of departure right when boarding the ship, or some other life hack way?

Currently, I've been just looking at the cruise planner every morning to check (in my case for a sea day casita), and wondering if there's a better way to go about it... 🙂

18 minutes ago, fletch1027 said:

I was curious if anyone has had any experience with wanting to book an onboard activity (all-access tour, flowrider lesson, casita, etc) that it said was sold out? Wondering if they ever change status in the cruise planner to being available due to cancellations or if there may be availability either by calling or checking day of departure right when boarding the ship, or some other life hack way?

Currently, I've been just looking at the cruise planner every morning to check (in my case for a sea day casita), and wondering if there's a better way to go about it... 🙂

That's pretty much the only way and yes, if somone cancels, it should drop back into the Cruise Planner. How far out is your sailing?  If it's very close, then you may not have much luck with people canceling at this point, but when you board, go right to the excursions desk to ask about any openings for the things you are hoping to book.

Edited by rockmom

35 minutes ago, rockmom said:

That's pretty much the only way and yes, if somone cancels, it should drop back into the Cruise Planner. How far out is your sailing?  If it's very close, then you may not have much luck with people canceling at this point, but when you board, go right to the excursions desk to ask about any openings for the things you are hoping to book.

Thanks for the reply - we sail the last week in March

The casitas on our cruise were booked for awhile.  For the heck of it, I happened to check late one night, after midnight, and it suddenly showed availability.  I quickly booked, and when I woke up in the morning it was back to listed as sold out.  So I assume it was a cancelation that was reposted.

The events seem to open up during the month before not necessarily 30 days before. Since yours was late in the month that would be consistent with that. For shows, they will have a standby line and since “reservations” are free, they do have a lot of no shows so you have a chance of getting in.