Birding tips for St. John?

kelliebiz

Hi folks, are there any fellow birders with tips for birding on St John? We will be there in two weeks and I want to make the most of our day there. We are riding a bus tour around the island with some short stops along the way. Our current plan is just to spend some time at each stop scanning with binoculars, but if anyone has any recommendations I would love to hear them. Fruitful areas, particular things to watch for, etc. Thank you in advance! 

The NPS rangers offer a weekly birding tour early Friday mornings during winter at Francis Bay. I assume that's when you're more likely to see birds.

There's a lagoon type area within walking distance of the St John ferry dock. There may be birds hanging out there, but I have to look at a map so I can give better directions.🤔

Will try to post again soon.

Kelliebiz, no need to apologize! Please post what happens when you go looking for birds. Coral World has lorikeets that they encourage visitors to feed, but those are captive birds. Sapphire Beach on St Thomas has ducks that you don't see everywhere. Hopefully you'll see some birds on St John.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...