Magens or Lindbergh for first timer (my 4th, daughter's first)

travelloverontario

Hi there,

I have been to St Thomas 3 times on a cruise. First time we went to Megans Bay and absoluely loved it. We did DIY, took a taxi and sat our towels in the sand near the lefthand side.

Second time we taxied to Sapphire and again, layed oir towels in the sand, did some snorkelling, etc.

Third time we ended up just walking around town and the waterfront.

This time I will be going with my young adult daughter who will be tjere for her first time.

There will be 5 ships in port, (about 14,000 pax), so we are trying to decide what to do. Our ship is there 12:30-8:00 and docks in Crown Bay.

We are pretty low key and are not looking for watersports, drinks or busyness. We are more looking for relaxation, beauty, and a beautiful beach.

I was going to take her to Megans, but now am considering just walking over to Lindbergh and hanging out there for a few hours.

Where would you recommend we go to show her a beautiful, swimmable, low key beach? (Between Megans or Lindbergh).

Thanks.

At Magens you can hike the nature trail in addition to hanging at the beach. Magens is also protected, so if it's windy, Magens will probably be calmer. She'll also see more of the island if you go to Magens.

Emerald is more convenient, and if you don't need a chair, etc, you can move away from where most people congregate. The drive or walk to Emerald is not that scenic.

6 hours ago, travelloverontario said:

Hi there,

I have been to St Thomas 3 times on a cruise. First time we went to Megans Bay and absoluely loved it. We did DIY, took a taxi and sat our towels in the sand near the lefthand side.

Second time we taxied to Sapphire and again, layed oir towels in the sand, did some snorkelling, etc.

Third time we ended up just walking around town and the waterfront.

This time I will be going with my young adult daughter who will be tjere for her first time.

There will be 5 ships in port, (about 14,000 pax), so we are trying to decide what to do. Our ship is there 12:30-8:00 and docks in Crown Bay.

We are pretty low key and are not looking for watersports, drinks or busyness. We are more looking for relaxation, beauty, and a beautiful beach.

I was going to take her to Megans, but now am considering just walking over to Lindbergh and hanging out there for a few hours.

Where would you recommend we go to show her a beautiful, swimmable, low key beach? (Between Megans or Lindbergh).

Thanks.

Can you walk to Lindbergh from Crown Bay?

Apparently it is a 20 minute walk along a sidewalk from Crown Bay.

I think because it is my daughter's first time  I may go to Magens, that way she also gets to see a bit of the Island from the taxi as well (as ms suggested).

Maybe next time (hoping thee will be a next time!!)  I will do Lindbergh.

For your daughter, for a special treat, and since you arrive late among other ships, I would look at a private tour so she could see much of the beauty on her first visit. The first experience is so memorable, and the East End beaches like Sapphire and Lindqvist are so beautiful as you know.

Have the driver drop you at one of those beaches if she is also inclined to lay her towel in the sand for a bit? Then take a tour of the island (with a view of Magens from above) and enjoy dinner at one if the restaurants overlooking CA or in Frenchtown.

But if you want to just stick with a little beach time I’d suggest Lindbergh Bay just because Magens gets so busy…

3 hours ago, blue_water said:

For your daughter, for a special treat, and since you arrive late among other ships, I would look at a private tour so she could see much of the beauty on her first visit. The first experience is so memorable, and the East End beaches like Sapphire and Lindqvist are so beautiful as you know.

Have the driver drop you at one of those beaches if she is also inclined to lay her towel in the sand for a bit? Then take a tour of the island (with a view of Magens from above) and enjoy dinner at one if the restaurants overlooking CA or in Frenchtown.

But if you want to just stick with a little beach time I’d suggest Lindbergh Bay just because Magens gets so busy…

Is the walk to Lindbergh Bay on a sidewalk?

Yes, sidewalk all the way. At one point you should cross the street because the sidewalk ends for a bit, and then cross back when you get to Emerald Beach Resort. There's an entrance to the beach on the right side of the resort.