Airline lost checked bag - Underwear on Bliss?

Sammae

3 hours ago, Sammae said:

We've always made it a point to come in at least 1 day early, but I think we will be making that 2 days from now on, and doing our best to avoid flights with connections. 

Coming home, anyone flying through Toronto or Montreal were facing massive delays and cancellations, while Ottawa was safe... thankfully our flight home was direct (most flights to Ottawa connect through Toronto or Montreal).

There are definitely certain airports known to be worse than others. Charles De Galle in Paris is notorious for losing bags and was the airport I first experienced it at.

Atlanta used to be so bad it’s system was an actual problem solving study I did in my computer engineering undergrad back in the 90s. 
The main cause (pre covid) for lost bags was either the wrong info printed on the tag or a short transfer at a major hub airport, e.g. you should always aim for at least 90mins in London Heathrow.  I had bags miss connections in Johannesburg twice due to delayed incoming flights where I made it to the next flight but my bags didn’t. 
since the resumption of travel a lot of airports are extremely short staffed , which has been made worse by new training & certification requirements for air-side staff (in Europe at least). When Dublin airport hit staff shortages in security there was talk of deploying army resources but to get them verified would take 8 to 12 weeks.  Dublin wound up redeploying cleaners and other airside staff to security and baggage handling and wound up with complaints about the lack of cleaning of the facilities. 
it seems these days putting a tracking chip of some sort into your suitcase is a necessity until all the staff shortages are finally resolved. Those shortages are everywhere in every country and industry as the world tries to recover from covid, extreme weather events and natural disasters. 

I've always been paranoid that my suitcase wouldn't make it on a cruise--I've been lucky, many cruises have come and gone, but my luggage always made it on board.  I always pack 3 days worth of underwear in little baggies, and squeeze them in pockets getting on a plane. This is besides a couple of bathing suites, more underwear,  a couple of pants and one spare pair of shoes in the carry on-- I figure that I can easily get a few tee shirts on the ship- even if most probably ill fitting, but underwear, bathing suits and pants, I think too difficult to deal with.