"Cruising power" to reprice cruises - individual?

rodndonna

I just got off the phone with Celebrity to request they add on the extra $50 OBC on the current promo (we just booked last week).

While waiting on hold, the recording suggests that you can use Cruisingpower,com  to do things like requesting refares and such.

I've been to site but from what I can tell, it is purely for TA's and not individuals.

Am I missing something or is the recording a little misleading?

Likely you were connected to a rep that normally handles TA inquires, rather than direct customers.  This happens because Celebrity will use available staff to try to keep hold times down.  Those reps would have hold messages geared toward TAs rather than the direct customer. 

You're correct that Cruising Power is a TA tool, that wouldn't be of value to those of us who book direct. 

Harris

Denver, CO

• Thanks 3

47 minutes ago, omeinv said:

Likely you were connected to a rep that normally handles TA inquires, rather than direct customers.  This happens because Celebrity will use available staff to try to keep hold times down.  Those reps would have hold messages geared toward TAs rather than the direct customer. 

You're correct that Cruising Power is a TA tool, that wouldn't be of value to those of us who book direct. 

Harris

Denver, CO

This is correct, Cruisingpower is the TA portal for both Royal and Celebrity.  It's also referred to as Espresso.