Viking Lake Como Extension

Jackplot

We will be doing the Viking Pre Cruise Extension in Lake Como in April prior to our cruise from Basel to Amsterdam.  Has anyone did the Lake Como Pre Cruise?  If so, can you tell me what Viking provided and what you did on your own.  Thank you.

I don’t have any experience with Viking extensions but wanted to mention that I chatted with the reps in our hotel in Lake Como whilst we were on a land trip.  We were staying at the Sheraton Lake Como.  They had a booth set up in the lobby and were waiting for their guests.  Rooms were nice and the included breakfast was lovely.

It was a scenic 30 minute walk from the hotel to the Ferry Terminal where we caught the fast ferry to Bellagio and then took the slow ferry back.

The next day it was raining so we booked some time at the hydrotherapy pool and massages at the Hilton Eforea Spa.  I think we would probably stay there the next time. It looked lovely and was a lot closer to the main town.

Enjoy your cruise and Lake Como.  It’s a really wonderful area.

10 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

It was a scenic 30 minute walk from the hotel to the Ferry Terminal where we caught the fast ferry to Bellagio and then took the slow ferry back.

The next day it was raining so we booked some time at the hydrotherapy pool and massages at the Hilton Eforea Spa.  I think we would probably stay there the next time. It looked lovely and was a lot closer to the main town.

We stayed in that Hilton for 3 nights last June. It was a very enjoyable stay. Tip - book one of their 2-level junior suites if you can. You can see the lake from the upper level of the suite, where your bed is, and it's really nice.

And we also did the fast ferry to Bellagio but took the slow ferry back. That's because we found a "wine cave" in Bellagio and by the time we got done tasting wine, 2 hours later, the fast ferry ticktes had sold out, so we were stuck on the slow one. Oops. It was fun anyway!

Oh, and the view from their rooftop restaurant was spectacular. We got a prime seat for our anniversary dinner there. Now you're making me want to go back!

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 2