Joy Deck 14 forward port side

mizLORInj

10 minutes ago, mizLORInj said:

Has anyone had any noise issues in these suites?

Appears to be empty space above this section.

I'm pretty sure it's the back part of the Observation Lounge. I'd expect it to be fairly quiet in the evening, unless crew vacuum, move furniture, etc. I'm two suites down from where the white area ends on deck 15 (but on 14). I'll know for sure in March. 🙂 

2 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

We have stayed in 14178 (best cabin ever for us) and 14172 both on the Joy and have had no noise issues ever.   Love this location.

Thank you! We're going to be in 14180...It looks like you had the angled balcony. We won't have quite so nice a balcony, but I'm so glad to hear you say "Love this location." Thank you! I was a little worried about the elevators, but based on previous cruises thought it would be ok as they really are not that loud. 

16 minutes ago, mizLORInj said:

ok, thanks; good to know.

So I haven't been in a suite on NCL in about 5 years but it is not Haven.

There is a Nespresso machine, but I need a frother.   I'll bring my own I guess.  

Definitely not frother! Oh, that would be spectacular if it were included in the room's accessories! 

2 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Definitely not frother! Oh, that would be spectacular if it were included in the room's accessories! 

Back in the day (as in maybe 8 yrs ago) the suites on the Gem had a wonderful Lavazza espresso machine that had the frothing arm.   WHY WHY WHY they took those out I'll never understand or agree with!   😡  I'm sure it was a cost-savings somehow and that's all that seems to matter.    Loved that machine.   

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

Thank you! We're going to be in 14180...It looks like you had the angled balcony. We won't have quite so nice a balcony, but I'm so glad to hear you say "Love this location." Thank you! I was a little worried about the elevators, but based on previous cruises thought it would be ok as they really are not that loud. 

We were worried about the noise from the elevators also and even hallway noise since our cabin (14178) is the first one once you hit the hallway.    Never heard anything.     As I know you do enjoy being in a Haven outside the Haven, you will love this location.   Just seconds away from the actual Haven and less than a minute to the District Brew House.     Still looking forward to reading about your thoughts on the Joy Haven sundeck.  

1 hour ago, vacation44 said:

We were worried about the noise from the elevators also and even hallway noise since our cabin (14178) is the first one once you hit the hallway.    Never heard anything.     As I know you do enjoy being in a Haven outside the Haven, you will love this location.   Just seconds away from the actual Haven and less than a minute to the District Brew House.     Still looking forward to reading about your thoughts on the Joy Haven sundeck.  

Now you've got me longing for October, 2024, and our next cruise on Norwegian Joy, in the same suite as last year---14778.  The Good Mrs. Benson insisted on the same ship, the same suite.  We're already booked on a Regent Seven Seas cruise this year (and no way we're cancelling that), so we've got nearly a two-year wait.  Which, now that I think about it, was the same as last time.

10 minutes ago, mizLORInj said:

Wait, these suites aren't Haven suites though, right?   I think it says PH suite.  

They are, indeed, Haven suites.  They were re-categorised as Haven suites two or three years ago.  And for my $---vacation44 will attest to this---they are prime Haven lodgings, even if they aren't located in the "millionaires' row" of the Haven proper.

Our suite, # 14778, was larger than a Haven courtyard suite, with the added room of the angled balcony.  As far as access to the Haven, the suite was fifteen feet to the nearest elevator.  It never took more than a minute or two to get to the Haven Lounge.

Both # 14778 and # 14178 are located amidships, so it's not a long walk to any point on the ship.  And they ride well in heavy seas.

And the fare was considerably cheaper than a Haven courtyard suite.

If I were offered a free stay in any acommodation on Norwegian Joy, I would choose only # 14778 or # 14178.

Edited by CDR Benson

35 minutes ago, CDR Benson said:

They are, indeed, Haven suites.  They were re-categorised as Haven suites two or three years ago.  And for my $---vacation44 will attest to this---they are prime Haven lodgings, even if they aren't located in the "millionaires' row" of the Haven proper.

. . . 

Excellent.   Thanks!   

Ok, back to this.

On 2/23/2023 at 3:15 PM, CDR Benson said:

Our suite, # 14778, was larger than a Haven courtyard suite, with the added room of the angled balcony.  As far as access to the Haven, the suite was fifteen feet to the nearest elevator.  It never took more than a minute or two to get to the Haven Lounge.

. . .

Hi

Just looked at deck plan again, and we are looking at the cabins forward of 14778 (that one shows as Haven).   The ones forward of that are not classified as Haven but just SC Penthouse Suite.   So I'm assuming no Haven access.    

6 minutes ago, mizLORInj said:

Ok, back to this.

Hi

Just looked at deck plan again, and we are looking at the cabins forward of 14778 (that one shows as Haven).   The ones forward of that are not classified as Haven but just SC Penthouse Suite.   So I'm assuming no Haven access.    

That's correct, until you get to the very front of the ship. 

The rooms I rectangle'd are not Haven rooms, so no Haven perks. 

image.thumb.png.cf83133ef4ca2a4af6e929a7974fb35e.png

1 hour ago, mizLORInj said:

I don't get why they put suites high up and far forward--where you feel the most motion.

Celebrity Edge class does this too.  

As do most of the other cruise lines.  This befuddles me, too.  Why put their best accommodations in the locations that feel the most motion from the seas?  I've passed on entire lines, such as Oceania, because of this convention.  On others, I've skipped booking their more expensive cabins (even though they met my price-point) for the same reason.