Ship Show

curlstravel

It was my least favorite experience on board in October.  The food was AWFUL, although I've read that it improved.  Our selection was steak tartare appetizer, chicken or salmon main (the chicken was so hard that we couldn't cut it with the knife supplied, and we left before desert.  We did a walk up at a real restaurant.  The show itself was a mix of dancers and appearances by ship's entertainers, variety acts by people who were brought on board specifically for this show and were quite good, and rather dumb audience participation games.  The variety acts were things like people who had won America/Britain's Got Talent, and were worth seeing.  The rest of it....nope, won't be going again.  Also, we attempted to decline the food and were told that they had to serve it; I've read that this policy has changed since October 2022.

• Like 1

I enjoyed the show, four good variety caberet acts plus a couple of songs done by a live band. The audience participation gags were silly but fine. 

the food was fine considering it has all been sat in hot hold so they can serve a whole room at once. The major issue was the steak tartare but I’ve read they no longer serve it. The chicken was fine but needed more vegetables really. 

it’s worth seeing once, especially on longer cruises. You can always get pizza after. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, cantgetin said:

There are many reports that the show and the food have changed and greatly improved.

The main change I’ve read with the food is the steak tartare appetiser has been switched out for tomato, burrata and pesto salad. 
Just sorting that one course probably makes a big improvement. 

• Like 1

Fascinating.  We saw Ship Show three-ish days ago.  It was one of our favorite shows.  And the dinner was about the best we had on-board.  (I had the chicken.)

That's partly a commentary on how bad Razzle Dazzle was and how inconsistent the Galley, but it was good.  

• Like 1

The singer and band were quite good. The MC was VERY mediocre and was just talking through his lines. The specialty acts were VERY good. At my performance, they had 2 aerialists, a contortionist, a bow and arrow act, and a roller skating acrobatic duo.

The food was fine but was more like typical hotel convention center food. Also they will seat you with fellow passengers.  Honestly, I wish I could have enjoyed this show in the main theatre without the meal. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Travel-and-See said:

The singer and band were quite good. The MC was VERY mediocre and was just talking through his lines. The specialty acts were VERY good. At my performance, they had 2 aerialists, a contortionist, a bow and arrow act, and a roller skating acrobatic duo.

The food was fine but was more like typical hotel convention center food. Also they will seat you with fellow passengers.  Honestly, I wish I could have enjoyed this show in the main theatre without the meal. 

I thought the MC's style was intentional, and was sort of like a '60s-style MC.  

• Like 2