Shuttles to city center in Helsinki and Tallinn on Celebrity

Does anyone know if Celebrity offers a shuttle into the city centers of Helsinki and Tallin?  They did pre Covid and hope they still do that. We love the “free” walking tours offered in all cities and need to be in town for the meeting places. I’m sure we can take a taxi also, but would like to know. 

There was definitely a Celebrity shuttle to Tallin as we passed it when walking back to the ship. It really is a very short walk to the centre from the port. We also walked from the port into Helsinki. It was a great walk by the shoreline and lots of locals out and about. It took about 45 mins. Pretty sure I saw shuttles too. There is a tram spot nearby and also lots of electric scooters to rent if you fancy something different. They were everywhere in Helsinki.

This is good to know. Going with my sons this summer and one of them loves walking (as do I) but the other one will complain (and of course he's the thinnest and fittest of us all). We are comfortable using public transit and a friend who just went to Helsinki said it was very easy to use, so that's probably another option. She recommended the HSL app, I downloaded it, and it seems easy to use.

49 minutes ago, Scottishclover said:

I should have said that there was a charge for the shuttles. Usually around 20 dollars per person if I remember. When you are travelling as a family of 4 that can mount up quickly. Part of the reason we walk everywhere. 

yes, makes sense. I don't mind paying for a taxi driver or friendly tour guide when I want it, but a shuttle just feels like public transit to me, so I'd rather use the local system. I'm not sure I want to pay $60 for what's described, but of course everyone needs to make their own decision. Thanks for the info. I like to be prepared!

23 hours ago, irvington said:

This is good to know. Going with my sons this summer and one of them loves walking (as do I) but the other one will complain (and of course he's the thinnest and fittest of us all). We are comfortable using public transit and a friend who just went to Helsinki said it was very easy to use, so that's probably another option. She recommended the HSL app, I downloaded it, and it seems easy to use.

One note regarding public transport in Helsinki: presuming the ship calls at Hernesaari, for time being there is no bus or tram traffic close to the cruise ship quays, the nearest tram stop is about kilometer away. But once you get there, for modest ticket prices you have access to the whole public transport network, that can transport you not only to the destination of the shuttle busses (somewhere near Market Square?), but pretty much anywhere in the Finnish capital region. Worth noting that even single tickets include unlimited number of changes between trams, busses, Suomenlinna ferry, metro and local trains within the validity time of the ticket. This varies on how large area is covered: the AB zone (whole central Helsinki and little more) ticket is valid for 80 minutes and ABC zone ticket for 90 minutes and ABCD zone (= whole region) ticket for 110 minutes. Although it might be useful to buy a 24h ticket instead of bunch of single tickets as AB zone 24h ticket costs 9 €, while single tickets for the same area are 3.10 €, so thus if you need 3+ tickets 24h ticket becomes cheaper option.

• Thanks 1