No Restaurants Times

mbfrenc0586

I will be going on my 4th VV cruise on April 16th.  We were able to make restaurant reservations yesterday but there are no times for any restaurant on any day before 9:15pm.  I have never had this issue before.  Anyone else have any issues recently with this?  I know that they don't open all time slots until after you board but to not be able to get a single reservation any day seems unusual.  

Thank your for any information!

Check out the post below from March 11th.  Discussed quite a bit.  Apparently they open up lots more closer to cruise... on boarding day for sure.

We are doing the April 8th and were able to find a few but not what we wanted.

16 minutes ago, garycarla said:

Check out the post below from March 11th.  Discussed quite a bit.  Apparently they open up lots more closer to cruise... on boarding day for sure.

We are doing the April 8th and were able to find a few but not what we wanted.

Thanks for this.  I was just reading this actually.  Just haven't had this experience with my first 3 cruises.  I was able to get all the my reservation done the day the system opened.  Probably a bit busier on this cruise.

3 minutes ago, aqlollipop said:

Also doing a walk up is very doable. You may have a short wait like at a land restaurant, but I believe they do hold spots each night for walk ups as well.

To my knowledge they don’t hold spots for walk ups, but as you say they are often available. 
I think people have only had issues once occupancy gets to around 2000+

I don't think sport are held for walk ups either....but there are usually last minute cancelations, people who show up more than 15 minutes late (which moves them to the walk up line), and times that all the reservations don't fill.  We have never had a problem, but our most full cruise was 1400.