Long Beach parking

AzCruiseGurl

Leaving out of Long Beach next week.  I just received an email saying parking at the cruise terminal is not available And that we need to park at the convention center and be bus over to the cruise terminal. I am confused why parking is not available at the cruise terminal.  Has anyone sailed out of Long Beach lately? I need help with parking??

I've had this happen before a few years ago. Only we didn't know until we got to the terminal. They gave us a simple map with no printed address. Garage was hard to find. And the wait for the bus (provided) was very long. But, it worked out and was a bit cheaper than parking at the terminal. I've heard it's not as bad anymore.  I think with multiple ships using the port, they just don't have enough spaces for everyone. Basically, the offsite parking is "overflow".

What day are you leaving? We are leaving on the Panorama on Saturday and haven't received that email...yet.

• Like 1

There are a couple of other threads about it.  It appears to only affect the Carnival Miracle.  It is the smallest of the three ship Carnival has based on Long Beach.  

We haven't been notified yet, but based on other's experiences we expect to be for our 14 day Alaska cruise.  We couldn't find a good option for a hotel "park & sail" package, so we will likely do the convention center.  It does sound that they've ironed out most of the kinks from when they started doing it.    

• 1 month later...

We just booked parking at the Courtyard by Marriott in Long Beach through Parkway Parking.  It is $15 per day and we'll Uber or Lyft to and from the pier.  We are going on a 14 day cruise on the Miracle and expect to be notified soon about the convention center.  We'd rather Uber than shuttle