Carnival's Cabo 4x4 Polaris Adventure excursion

TaraLynne

My family is considering booking this shore excursion with Carnival for Cabo San Lucas but my searches in this and the general Mexican Riviera forum aren't yielding, well, anything in the way of reviews/discussion about it, and there are only 5 total reviews for it on the Carnival website. Just wondering if anyone has done it and if so, thoughts? (we're a family of 4, 3 adults and one 16-year-old, and generally pretty adventurous, and also looking for something other than a basic boat-and-snorkel tour or one that has a ton of downtime/waiting around for the next thing to happen on it, which is why this one caught our eye)

Without logging in to Carnival's site to see the description, I think this is the one we did in 2014.

There were 2 of us so me and my sister rode in one, and they put my brother in law on an ATV and he followed us.  We had a blast! ( I would have been in my early 50's back then)  I actually crashed into a cactus because it was so bumpy, but no injuries.  The place we stopped at for lunch was very good.  I remember riding through the dry rough area and then down to where the beach was but we couldn't ride on the beach. I'd do it again. 

My kids (they’re adults) are doing this excursion on our cruise in June. I’m actually surprised there aren’t more reviews (for anything really) on the Carnival website. Makes it hard to know what to book, particularly when the reviews don’t seem all that recent. Anyway, my kids are super excited about that excursion so I hope it’s good. I’m going to be on the ship, enjoying the getaway! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2023 at 9:27 PM, pppiglet said:

Without logging in to Carnival's site to see the description, I think this is the one we did in 2014.

There were 2 of us so me and my sister rode in one, and they put my brother in law on an ATV and he followed us.  We had a blast! ( I would have been in my early 50's back then)  I actually crashed into a cactus because it was so bumpy, but no injuries.  The place we stopped at for lunch was very good.  I remember riding through the dry rough area and then down to where the beach was but we couldn't ride on the beach. I'd do it again. 

Well I'm sorry to hear that you crashed!

I think this one is in like, covered 4x4's rather than on ATVs - but that said, I don't think my stepkids have ever experienced something like this before and it sounds like you had fun on a similar tour so I think I'm gonna go for it if it's still available 🙂

On 3/29/2023 at 11:26 AM, TaraLynne said:

Well I'm sorry to hear that you crashed!

I think this one is in like, covered 4x4's rather than on ATVs - but that said, I don't think my stepkids have ever experienced something like this before and it sounds like you had fun on a similar tour so I think I'm gonna go for it if it's still available 🙂

Souns fun.  If you end up doing this excursion, please come back and share your expereince.  TIA  Happy Sailing!