Zeebrugge (port) to Brugge...shuttle or train??

Looking at best way to do Zeebrugge (the ship port) to Brugge and back. Shuttle is only $25 r/t and nonstop. I know local transport, train can be fun but I worry about crazy train schedules etc. What was your experience getting into town and back to the ship and what do you recommend? We are great local travelers but also hate taking chances or wasting time when it's not worth it. 

52 minutes ago, SakeDad said:

Looking at best way to do Zeebrugge (the ship port) to Brugge and back. Shuttle is only $25 r/t and nonstop. I know local transport, train can be fun but I worry about crazy train schedules etc. What was your experience getting into town and back to the ship and what do you recommend? We are great local travelers but also hate taking chances or wasting time when it's not worth it. 

I would use the ship’s shuttle - $25 isn’t outrageous, it’ll be easier and give you peace of mind.

The train, while cheap and efficient, involves taking a tram or shuttle bus from the cruise terminal to the station in the nearby town of Blankenberge so it’s not completely straightforward.

12 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

I would use the ship’s shuttle - $25 isn’t outrageous, it’ll be easier and give you peace of mind.

The train, while cheap and efficient, involves taking a tram or shuttle bus from the cruise terminal to the station in the nearby town of Blankenberge so it’s not completely straightforward.

I think I agree....one shuttle to a train to save a few bucks doesn't make sense when it's one shuttle to the same place you're going. Thanks

• Like 1