Joy - Haven HJ

js

Great thread. I am in haven 15136 HH cabin on the Joy this July . Sailed the Joy last year but not in Haven . Wondering , when available , if I should bid on 2 bedroom in Haven proper . Any thoughts about staying in actual Haven vs not ?

Thanks in advance 

On 3/10/2023 at 2:22 PM, dwr777 said:

I’m in 14778 on NCL Joy in a few weeks and happy to see all the great comments! CDR Benson, does this balcony have room for loungers?

Thanks!

We requested a second lounger and this is how it looked.

PXL_20220214_121342256.MP.jpg

PXL_20220214_121410523.MP.jpg

I’ve done the Haven both inside and outside.  It didn’t matter to me either way, it’s the all the private spaces and other amenities that I appreciate. However I get to experience it is fine. 

Edited by dwr777
  • Like 1

On 3/9/2023 at 3:17 PM, js said:

OMG you are!!!! OK! I will be watching EVERYTHING! PLEASE PLEASE this is our first time not in the actual Haven Courtyard. Please let me know how you feel about having to go up and down and if you feel any differently. 

Please can you see how late the Haven bar is open at night and if you see your butler on the 14th floor as much as you would in the Courtyard.  Have a FABULOUS time and can't wait to see all your pictures!!!

I just got off the Joy today after 15 days through the Panama Canal. If you haven't already peeked at it, there's an entire trip report thread on that trip with a bunch of photos. I can assure you, the bar is open plenty late as we closed it down I think 14/15 nights. It 'officially' closes at 11pm, but so long as you're not being loud and rowdy you can get 2 drinks each at last call and still get water/soda after that and sit and chat with fellow guests. We ended up with a group of ~6 of us that would stay there and chat until nearly 1am each night.

On 3/10/2023 at 9:49 AM, cruiseny4life said:

We would never close a bar down, but I'll see if I remember to get those Haven bar hours. 

It's easier than you would think to do 😉 Lots of new friends to be made that way...

On 3/10/2023 at 2:22 PM, dwr777 said:

I’m in 14778 on NCL Joy in a few weeks and happy to see all the great comments! CDR Benson, does this balcony have room for loungers?

Friend of mine was just in this room on our 15 day Panama Canal trip. He had 2 loungers out there on the balcony.

image.thumb.png.0acdbffba8419861ec2e4671ded68e87.png

1 hour ago, ashkay16 said:

Great thread. I am in haven 15136 HH cabin on the Joy this July . Sailed the Joy last year but not in Haven . Wondering , when available , if I should bid on 2 bedroom in Haven proper . Any thoughts about staying in actual Haven vs not ?

Thanks in advance 

Having sailed in the HH cabin twice in the past 6 months, I would stick with the HH depending on how many people you have in your cabin. The only benefit the 2br provides is a second bathroom, and steps from the Haven areas. 

When on vacation, we're lazy, and the flights of stairs/elevator ride up to that Haven area was no struggle at all. Our room was much bigger than the courtyard rooms, and we saved at least 2-4K (depending on who you talked to) which covered our excursion costs and other incidentals. Those HH, HI, HJ rooms on the Joy are the best ones they have IMO.