Platinum dining benefit

audcc77

It means that when you sign up for dining on your planner, you have priority for your selection of either early, late, or anytime dining.  It doesn’t give you priority for getting into anytime dining earlier than anyone else on the day, just for the selection of which dining you’re assigned to. I’m not sure what that means at specialty restaurants.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nwcruiselover said:

It means that when you sign up for dining on your planner, you have priority for your selection of either early, late, or anytime dining.  

I’m asking because next week we have any time dining.  

I really want to change to early seating but I’m guessing we’re not going to be able to.  

we want to change because we have been having issues with any time dining. 

I tried changing on my cruise a month ago and they wouldn’t let me. Maybe because I was by myself that time.

Even though you were told a month ago that you couldn’t change to early seating, but it wouldn’t hurt to call and ask again.  If they say no, ask to be put on a waiting list for early dining.  If that doesn’t work, go to the dining room on embarkation day to request the change.  The maitre’d is usually there for awhile starting around 1:30 to take such requests.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

your status will not get you a spot in a full dining time or allow you to switch to ATD if it is also at capacity.  I agree with @nwcruiselover head to the dining room and ask to be put on the list of requested changes.  If/when the change goes through you'll get a card in your mailbox or cabin telling you of the change and your assigned table number.  

and after typing all that, if you want to dine early, getting an ATD spot is usually easier early so it may work out for you anyway.  Seems like ATD gets pretty crowded about 45-1:15 into dinner service.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1