Princess Has The Worst Customer Service

Shawn5

15 minutes ago, jmpsportsmom said:

We booked EZ air flights and cancelled them well within the timeframe to get a full refund. The date of cancellation was 2/8/23. Today is 3/19, and I have yet to receive a refund. My credit card is accruing interest doe to this increase in my balance. I’ve tried to call, spoke to one person, they transferred me to another, and I waited on hold for 45 minutes but had to hang up. This is not right. It states in the policy of EZ air you will get a full refund. We are Ruby members but this is making it doubtful we will book again with them. Their ships are beautiful, but this is maddening.

Wow

11 hours ago, jmpsportsmom said:

We booked EZ air flights and cancelled them well within the timeframe to get a full refund. The date of cancellation was 2/8/23. Today is 3/19, and I have yet to receive a refund. My credit card is accruing interest doe to this increase in my balance. I’ve tried to call, spoke to one person, they transferred me to another, and I waited on hold for 45 minutes but had to hang up. This is not right. It states in the policy of EZ air you will get a full refund. We are Ruby members but this is making it doubtful we will book again with them. Their ships are beautiful, but this is maddening.

I believe if you dispute the charge with your credit card company they will temporarily suspend the charge as they investigate. Make sure you have all the proof of what has happened including all attempts you made with Princess to get it resolved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2023 at 9:14 PM, fleeflicker said:

We booked EZ air flights and cancelled them well within the timeframe to get a full refund. The date of cancellation was 2/8/23. Today is 3/19, and I have yet to receive a refund.

We cancelled our EZAir due to airline changing flight schedules on 3/5 and it was well in advance of refund deadline. We are still waiting for our refund.  After we canceled we waited patiently for 2 weeks and then called our TA to say we have not seen it. They call Princess, say it's resolved and refund will come in 10 to 15 days. After 2 more weeks of no refund we call TA and they call Princess again.  Princess has some excuse that the reservation was all messed up in their system and it took a lot more work to fix it but now we will see refund in 10 to 14 days.  We will see. Definitely not "EZ".

Getting no love from the Love Boat this week. So I just got off a 1 hour and 52 minute call with my TA to question why my cabin number was changed on our 5/27 Alaska cruise from Vancouver.  No notice from Princess of being moved, but when I was looking at more excursions today I noticed the cabin changed. What?????  We specifically requested "no upgrades" because we were thrilled with the 2 cabins we booked over a year ago.  They were next to each other on Deck 8, starboard side, about 6 cabins from the front of the ship and have balconies 3x the size of a normal balcony.  I figure they are designated BF because some people don't like being that close to the bow and on Deck 8. I am on the phone with TA and Princess and the Princess Rep says they changed the cabin on 3/14 because it has been designated as an isolation cabin in accordance with CDC requirements, yada yada. I say I am not happy getting moved to the Port side on a Northbound cruise and why we booked those 2 cabins. I get put on hold while my TA tries to escalate the issue with Princess. After long wait, my TA comes back and says I have been moved to B4 cabin with large balcony which is an upgrade but there are zero balcony cabins of any type available on Starboard side.  And since my Brother and SIL are traveling with us, Princess is moving them also and declaring their cabin an isolation cabin. I say don't do that, you are punishing them because I questioned my cabin change. No, too late, already done. They will now in the cabin next to you on the port side. Too bad if I don't like it I guess.

I guess it could be worse, the cabin is a nice balcony, but its definitely a downgrade in our minds being switched to port side and a smaller balcony than we had booked over a year ago. Definitely upset with Princess deciding to change this after final payment and without notice. 

Edited by Mike-Cruisin

Today is 3/29, and we have not been refunded yet. I called again, waited on hold, gave all the information, they put me on hold again, only to come back and say I had to be transferred to guest services. I told the agent that guest services never picked up last time, and she said they there were 12 agents waiting to take calls. They never picked up. I stayed on hold for 53 minutes. I’m going to go to my credit card company and file a dispute. The amount is accumulating interest. We are sailing in May, and we have always had nice cruises with Princess, but this experience has been ridiculous and stressful. It’s difficult to stay on hold for extended periods of time and get nowhere. 

24 minutes ago, Mike-Cruisin said:

Getting no love from the Love Boat this week. So I just got off a 1 hour and 52 minute call with my TA to question why my cabin number was changed on our 5/27 Alaska cruise from Vancouver.  No notice from Princess of being moved, but when I was looking at more excursions today I noticed the cabin changed. What?????  We specifically requested "no upgrades" because we were thrilled with the 2 cabins we booked over a year ago.  They were next to each other on Deck 8, starboard side, about 6 cabins from the front of the ship and have balconies 3x the size of a normal balcony.  I figure they are designated BF because some people don't like being that close to the bow and on Deck 8. I am on the phone with TA and Princess and the Princess Rep says they changed the cabin on 3/14 because it has been designated as an isolation cabin in accordance with CDC requirements, yada yada. I say I am not happy getting moved to the Port side on a Northbound cruise and why we booked those 2 cabins. I get put on hold while my TA tries to escalate the issue with Princess. After long wait, my TA comes back and says I have been moved to B4 cabin with large balcony which is an upgrade but there are zero balcony cabins of any type available on Starboard side.  And since my Brother and SIL are traveling with us, Princess is moving them also and declaring their cabin an isolation cabin. I say don't do that, you are punishing them because I questioned my cabin change. No, too late, already done. They will now in the cabin next to you on the port side. Too bad if I don't like it I guess.

I guess it could be worse, the cabin is a nice balcony, but its definitely a downgrade in our minds being switched to port side and a smaller balcony than we had booked over a year ago. Definitely upset with Princess deciding to change this after final payment and without notice. 

Why don’t you ask them to switch you both back and have those cabins on the port side for the isolation cabins? 

21 minutes ago, jmpsportsmom said:

Today is 3/29, and we have not been refunded yet. I called again, waited on hold, gave all the information, they put me on hold again, only to come back and say I had to be transferred to guest services. I told the agent that guest services never picked up last time, and she said they there were 12 agents waiting to take calls. They never picked up. I stayed on hold for 53 minutes. I’m going to go to my credit card company and file a dispute. The amount is accumulating interest. We are sailing in May, and we have always had nice cruises with Princess, but this experience has been ridiculous and stressful. It’s difficult to stay on hold for extended periods of time and get nowhere. 

Try Twitter… it works. You will get their attention fast- likely within  a day. Ask me how I know.😉

Edited by Happiest when cruising

18 minutes ago, Happiest when cruising said:

Why don’t you ask them to switch you both back and have those cabins on the port side for the isolation cabins? 

I did ask, no dice. I believe their rationale is to group all the isolation cabins together in the front of the ship. They don't like having them spread out across several decks.

17 minutes ago, Happiest when cruising said:

Try Twitter… it works. You will get their attention fast- likely within  a day. Ask me how I know.😉

I just posted on the Princess page on Facebook but I will post on Twitter also if I don't get a response - thanks for the recommendation.

56 minutes ago, Mike-Cruisin said:

I did ask, no dice. I believe their rationale is to group all the isolation cabins together in the front of the ship. They don't like having them spread out across several decks.

I just posted on the Princess page on Facebook but I will post on Twitter also if I don't get a response - thanks for the recommendation.

I am curious about these isolation cabins. I have now read three posts where people were not moved from their inside or window cabins, so why do they need them?  I read the website and it does say may be moved…

I should have read it closer, though. We are heading out soon for 22 days in an inside…but I think should we get sick, I’ll ask to change to a balcony cabin, since they are obviously holding some back. 

11 minutes ago, Happiest when cruising said:

I am curious about these isolation cabins. I have now read three posts where people were not moved from their inside or window cabins, so why do they need them?  I read the website and it does say may be moved…

I should have read it closer, though. We are heading out soon for 22 days in an inside…but I think should we get sick, I’ll ask to change to a balcony cabin, since they are obviously holding some back. 

I am not sure how Princess is handling passengers with Covid-like illness onboard. Last April on Celebrity, they had s specific large section of cabins on the lowest passenger deck set aside. There were a combination of Inside, Balcony and a couple Suites in that area. If someone tested positive for Covid, they were moved to the same type of cabin in that section and confined to the cabin.  If you had a Suite and all the Suites in the isolation area were full, you were moved to a Balcony. You were not moved to a higher type cabin, only the same or lower. I know because we were in a Suite (our one time to experience a Suite due to being able to use a lot of FCC credits) and my wife tested positive and was moved to a Balcony.  But that was their rules and I am not sure what the rules are for Princess.  If I were in an inside and had to move to an isolation area, I would certainly request a balcony, as it never hurts to ask. If you are hearing of people are not being moved out of their cabins, then this isolation area would seem to be unnecessary. 

18 minutes ago, Mike-Cruisin said:

I am not sure how Princess is handling passengers with Covid-like illness onboard. Last April on Celebrity, they had s specific large section of cabins on the lowest passenger deck set aside. There were a combination of Inside, Balcony and a couple Suites in that area. If someone tested positive for Covid, they were moved to the same type of cabin in that section and confined to the cabin.  If you had a Suite and all the Suites in the isolation area were full, you were moved to a Balcony. You were not moved to a higher type cabin, only the same or lower. I know because we were in a Suite (our one time to experience a Suite due to being able to use a lot of FCC credits) and my wife tested positive and was moved to a Balcony.  But that was their rules and I am not sure what the rules are for Princess.  If I were in an inside and had to move to an isolation area, I would certainly request a balcony, as it never hurts to ask. If you are hearing of people are not being moved out of their cabins, then this isolation area would seem to be unnecessary. 

Thanks, I have cruised a bit since the restart, and we  booked balconies. I remember when people were moved and parts of decks were shut down. I did believe that was not happening now, but felt they at least were keeping cabins open. I hope we don’t have to find out, but I’ll come back in May and update you, if we do get sick.  

• Like 1