Aurea: 20% discount on speciality restaurant prepaid package

Ga_Girl

MSC says that Aurea level bookings should get a 20% discount on specialty restaurant prepaid package, but if I go to add it, it's only a 10% discount. What am I doing wrong?

Sailing April 1 on Grandiosa.

TIA!

On the website, under Aurea, and the Relaxation and Wellness link, it clearly states that Aurea bookings get 40% off prepaid spa packages.   When I add one, there is no sign of the cost being discounted.  I’ve done the same pre-order process on a non-Aurea booking and am getting the same price.   When I rang MSC to see how to have the discount applied the rep insisted that the discount had been applied.  No matter how much I tried to explain that the price is the same for both bookings, she just kept repeating the same thing. 🙄

A4C5717A-3D48-4231-9A67-5A870FA3C36C.thumb.jpeg.dd3ddb42758712d4190a750ad7d1b4ea.jpeg

Edited by Beamafar

59 minutes ago, azilr said:

I've been thinking exactly the same as you.  I had a friend with a non aurea cabin check the prices online and they were the same as the prices I was seeing. 

Same!  I checked the Facebook group- same prices.  There is no Aurea or YC discount…

9 hours ago, Beamafar said:

On the website, under Aurea, and the Relaxation and Wellness link, it clearly states that Aurea bookings get 40% off prepaid spa packages.   When I add one, there is no sign of the cost being discounted.  I’ve done the same pre-order process on a non-Aurea booking and am getting the same price.   When I rang MSC to see how to have the discount applied the rep insisted that the discount had been applied.  No matter how much I tried to explain that the price is the same for both bookings, she just kept repeating the same thing.

The rep was clearly wrong, there is no discount applied in this case.

But that is actually not in contradiction to the advertised aurea perks: it is stated as "40% on a dedicated prepaid spa package", not on any prepaid package.

Information about this is very poor on the website.

My experience from the last bookings (MSC germany booked through a german TA): the discounted packages (balinese massage and duo dining experience) have been automatically added to the booking by MSC. There was no choice of having another package discounted (of course the packages could be removed if one does not want it all - we asked the TA to remove the dining experience).

Edited by RudiRatlos

On 3/18/2023 at 7:28 PM, L1211 said:

I tried 5 different times to receive the YC and Aurea discounts- never happened.  We paid the full onboard price… not sure how they get away with that! 

On 3/18/2023 at 7:47 PM, L1211 said:

Same!  I checked the Facebook group- same prices.  There is no Aurea or YC discount…

On 3/18/2023 at 6:47 PM, azilr said:

I've been thinking exactly the same as you.  I had a friend with a non aurea cabin check the prices online and they were the same as the prices I was seeing. 

well, that makes me feel a little better. At least I'm not crazy. I don't understand the advertising for a discount if there isn't one.